Britney to regain equal custody of her kidsJuly 13th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 13 (ANI): Troubled times, it seems, are coming to an end for Britney Spears, as she is all set to regain equal custody of her kids in a deal with ex-hubby Kevin Federline.
Hoping to avoid a full-blown custody trial next month, the couple will be meeting LA Superior Court Commissioner Alan Gordon at a private hearing on July 15 to gauge Britneys capability to look after her boys.
Kevin has always wanted Britney to have a role in raising their children, The Daily Star quoted Federlines attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan, as saying.
In May, Britney was deemed incapable of handling her affairs, but since then the 26-year-old star has shown a remarkable comeback.
And three weeks ago the court granted her overnight visits with Sean Preston, two, and Jayden James, 21 months. The commissioner also requested both parties to come down to a settlement.
Shes in terrific spirits and is extremely hopeful the judge will allow her to become a proper mom again, said a source close to Britney.
She is reportedly craving for her own children ever since her sister Jamie Lynn, 17, has given birth to daughter Maddie.
She longs to spend proper time with her boys again. Shes almost at the point where her life is completely back on track. She believes shes within sight of being the woman she once was and wants to rebuild her life as well as her career, said her friend.
The friend added: Commissioner Gordon told Britney and Kevin to mediate a deal to avoid the nightmare of a trial. It seems theyve done that and it all now hinges on whether the judge agrees with what they put to him on Tuesday. (ANI)
- Britney Spears 'to regain custody of her sons' - Apr 17, 2011
- Spears may share kids' custody with Federline - Apr 18, 2011
- Britney, Kevin reunite for sons' special day - Jun 27, 2010
- Federline 'really happy' for Spears - Dec 20, 2011
- Spears keen on another child - Aug 31, 2011
- Spears to have intimate wedding - Aug 23, 2012
- Britney Spears planning traditional wedding ? - Dec 31, 2011
- Britney Spears regains custody of her children - Apr 18, 2011
- My kids will be in showbiz: Spears - Sep 21, 2011
- Spears wants full time custody of sons - Nov 25, 2010
- Britney Spears loves her kitchen - Nov 28, 2011
- Britneys Boys not banned from her Circus shows - Mar 07, 2009
- Federline poses with pregnant girlfriend - Apr 06, 2011
- Wedding bells for Britney Spears, Jason Trawick? - Apr 07, 2011
- Britney, K-Fed 'in 50-50 custody of kids' - Sep 26, 2009
Tags: 21 months, alan gordon, britney and kevin, commissioner gordon, court commissioner, custody trial, daily star, hubby, jamie lynn, jayden james, kevin federline, la superior court, maddie, mark vincent, old star, overnight visits, proper time, remarkable comeback, sister jamie, troubled times