British Council, Kolkata Police launch soccer event for poorMarch 3rd, 2012 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 2 (IANS) British Council in association with Kolkata Police Friday launched a football tournament for the underprivileged youth who have been trained under a skill project “Kolkata Goalz”.
The tournament is meant for the deprived young people of the society who are trained by professional coaches of six premier division clubs of the city under their guidance for the last six months. They will be representing their clubs in the league format competition.
The ‘Kolkata Goalz’ initiative was launched in Kolkata July 6 last year in collaboration with British Council, the main sponsor of the project, and was inspired by “Kickz” in the United Kingdom, which is an initiative of the Metropolitan police, London, and Premier league.
Kolkata Police, Kolkata Municipal Corporation, All India Football Federation (AIFF), Indian football Association (IFA) and six premier league football clubs of the city are directly associated with the project, under which about 400 players have been trained. In addition, they are educated in English language and communication skills.
- Kolkata to fight juvenile crime through football - Jun 30, 2011
- PLS sigh of relief after IFA assures AIFF - Feb 13, 2012
- Indian footballers want a well managed PLS - Feb 14, 2012
- AIFF urges I-League clubs to release players for Indian Arrows - Jul 10, 2011
- Premier League Soccer postponed - Feb 22, 2012
- AIFF, clubs spar over I-League status - Aug 23, 2012
- AIFF allows I-League clubs to register four overseas players - Jul 14, 2011
- Fowler raises doubts on future of PLS - Feb 23, 2012
- I-League clubs skip last meeting of ad-hoc committee - May 04, 2012
- Indian U-16 team for Arsenal Soccer Festival to leave July 21 - May 30, 2011
- Renowned international footballers in Premier League Soccer - Dec 22, 2011
- Premier League Soccer: Sorin to be Haldia franchisee's icon player - Feb 07, 2012
- Sailen Manna - Factfile - Feb 27, 2012
- India, Britain to step up anti-terror ties - Jul 05, 2011
- AIFF-FIFA to set up academies in India - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: aiff, british council, communication skills, division clubs, football association, football clubs, football federation, football tournament, goalz, indian football, kickz, kolkata, language and communication, launch, metropolitan police london, premier league football, professional coaches, skill project, soccer event, underprivileged youth