Britains Andy Murray eyeing no.1 spotMarch 25th, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.25 (ANI): British tennis star Andy Murray is hoping to capture the world number one spot with his recent stupendous form.
Murray has been performing well on grass court as well as on synthetic courts as he powered his way through to the final of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells last weekend, but was outclassed by the world number one Rafal Nadal.
Looking at the matches Ive won and the win-loss record since Wimbledon, I think if Id played like that the whole year, then I would be close to finishing No 1, The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
Murray currently ranks number four in world, and is pushing hard to dethrone Serbian Novak Djokovic from the third spot.
Murray, 21, however, knows that challenging Nadals kingship on the clay court would be something near to impossible, and getting past Roger Federers class on the grass court would require tremendous effort.
If I can improve in the clay-court season then I can definitely move up, he said. (ANI)
- Murray claims that he has rediscovered his winning habit - Apr 02, 2009
- Murray out of Madrid Open with injury - May 05, 2012
- Djokovic beats Nadal to win maiden Wimbledon title (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Indian Wells: Federer thrashes Nadal, Isner shocks Djokovic - Mar 18, 2012
- Madrid Open promoter promises changes to blue clay - May 12, 2012
- Djokovic, new king of tennis in 2011 - Dec 21, 2011
- Djokovic beats Federer at Indian Wells to take world no.2 ranking - Mar 20, 2011
- Djokovic: Taking on Nadal in French Open final is ultimate challenge - Jun 09, 2012
- Djokovic won't defend title at Serbian Open - Apr 26, 2012
- Nadal, Djokovic eyeing history in French Open final (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Djokovic confident of winning maiden French Open crown - May 26, 2012
- Nadal beats Murray, to meet Djokovic in Wimbledon final (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Djokovic pips Nadal to win longest Grand Slam final - Jan 29, 2012
- Playing World No.1 was a great experience: Somdev (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Somdev goes down to Nadal after terrific fight - Mar 17, 2011