Brit boxer Khan ready to take on superstar pal Manny PacquiaoApril 18th, 2011 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 18 (ANI): WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan is ready to take on his superstar pal Manny Pacquiao in a multi-million pound fight.
Khan retained his WBA light-welterweight title on a controversial technical points decision when Paul McCloskey was cut after a clash of heads in the sixth round.
Khan’s trainer Freddie Roach wants him increase weight and fight in a division that is filled with boxing superstars.
“I want Amir to unify the light-welterweight division by taking on WBC and WBO champ Timothy Bradley,” the Sun quoted Roach, as saying.
“Then I want him to move up to 147lbs and take on the big guys for big money. That’s the plan we are working on. I know Tim Bradley well and he is one hell of a fighter, but I would put Amir in with him tomorrow and expect my boxer to win.
“Their fight will determine who is the best at 140lbs and then the winner should go up to 147 and take on Manny Pacquiao. That is my feeling,” he added.”
Until now Khan has always said he would not take on his pal Pacquiao.
Khan turned pro as a lightweight in 2005 but moved up to 140lbs after being knocked out by Breidis Prescott in 2008. (ANI)
- Amir Khan inks new contract with Golden Boy Promotions - Apr 20, 2011
- Amir Khan beats Paul McCloskey to retain WBA title - Apr 17, 2011
- WBA champ Amir Khan refuses to be a 'cash-cow' for pricey title wanabees - Jan 15, 2011
- Brit boxing ace Khan says he never tested positive for drugs - Dec 26, 2010
- Brit boxer Khan to help Hatton fight drugs, drinks abuse - Sep 20, 2010
- Witter ready for 'Battle of Britain' clash with Amir Khan - Feb 04, 2011
- Challenger Casamayor says he will knock out WBA champ Khan 'dead' - Jun 04, 2010
- Filipino boxer Pacquiao hails WBO decision - Jun 21, 2012
- Pacquiao loses WBO title on split decision - Jun 10, 2012
- Khan vows to silence critics by beating boxing's big names - Sep 24, 2010
- Brit boxer Amir Khan to quit in 2015 - Apr 25, 2010
- Brit-Muslim boxer Khan to quit sport by 2014 - Dec 20, 2010
- Brit Muslim boxer to take on Mayweather, Pacquiao in a year's time - May 04, 2010
- WBA champ Amir Khan eyeing undefeated legend Mayweather's mantle - Dec 15, 2010
- Philippines lauds boxert Pacquiao despite defeat - Jun 10, 2012