Brett Lee set to sign deal with Channel NineAugust 11th, 2010 - 1:42 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Aug 11 (ANI): Retired Australia Test cricketer Brett Lee is expected to sign a deal with Channel 9 ahead of the Ashes series, which might not offer the fast bowler a commentary position, but a chance for him to diversify into lifestyle-based programming.
“He has a great media profile. It’s possible that Lee will do various things and obviously being a retired cricketer it’s likely he will be involved in the cricket coverage, but not necessarily in the commentary box,” The Daily Telegraph quoted a Nine spokeswoman, as saying.
Once the deal is done Lee will join Nine’s formidable cricket coverage team of Richie Benaud, Michael Slater, Ian Chappell, Tony Greig, Shane Warne, Bill Lawry, Ian Healy and Mark Taylor.
Meanwhile Lee’s manager, Neil Maxwell, who said he hoped to wrap up a deal with Nine “any day”, confirmed his client hoped to become a “versatile” personality at Nine.
“The unique selling point with Brett is that he has a diverse range of interests from fashion to music to health to fishing, and of course cricket. Lee feels that he could contribute in a lot of areas,” Maxwell said.
However, he said that nothing specific has been decided so far, but there are a range of options available. (ANI)
- 'Benaud has tremendous influence on people' - Feb 19, 2009
- Maxwell gets Australian team call-up - Jul 16, 2012
- Oz players, TV object to Benaud's voice being used by Sydney massage parlour - Feb 16, 2010
- Ex-Oz skipper Benaud to be a commentator till 2013 - Nov 22, 2009
- Benaud, Lawry my favourites: Ganguly - Jun 04, 2009
- Flintoff, a match winner and entertainer par excellence: Benaud - Sep 19, 2010
- Ex-Oz keeper Healy hits out at decision to rest stars - Feb 07, 2011
- Bhogle voted as best commentator and Ravi Shastri the second favourite - Jul 14, 2008
- Chappell rules out Warne's return - Dec 13, 2010
- Benaud to retire from all forms of TV commentary - Feb 18, 2009
- Noted radio commentator Suresh Saraiya dies - Jul 19, 2012
- Fiery pacer Brett Lee retires from international cricket - Jul 13, 2012
- Spin King Warney now wants to be chat king! - Nov 07, 2010
- Benaud says he wants a new anchorman in place for Ashes 2010 - Feb 21, 2009
- Sack Ponting and Hilditch: John Benaud - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: bill lawry, brett lee, channel 9, channel nine, course cricket, coverage team, cricket coverage, daily telegraph, healy, ian chappell, mark taylor, maxwell, media profile, michael slater, richie benaud, shane warne, spokeswoman, test cricketer, tony greig, unique selling point