Brazilian playmaker to undergo medical with UdineseJune 26th, 2012 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, June 26 (IANS) Brazilian midfielder Maicosuel has been freed by his club Botafogo to travel to Italy for a medical with Italian Serie A club Udinese.
Maicosuel boarded a flight from Rio Monday and has been asked to be ready for a medical examination Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
It is understood the 26-year-old has been offered a four-year contract with Botafogo having accepted a $6 million transfer fee.
“Maicosuel is grateful for everything Botafogo has given him,” the playmaker’s agent Le said.
“We are going to do the medical and finalize the details of the contract. He is very excited about this opportunity,” he said.
Maicosuel has already experienced elite European football having spent the 2009-10 season with Hoffenheim before the Bundesliga club accepted a $5 million offer for the midfielder from Botafogo.
Udinese gained automatic qualification for the 2012-13 Champions League after finishing third in last season’s Serie A.
- Uruguay playmaker set for Botafogo debut - Aug 11, 2012
- Seedorf set for Botafogo debut - Jul 20, 2012
- Forlan, Seedorf promise success for new clubs - Jul 08, 2012
- Inter Milan in talks with Brazil duo - Jul 07, 2012
- Seedorf leaves Milan after a decade for Botafogo - Jul 01, 2012
- Botafogo revives interest in Seedorf - Apr 29, 2012
- Deco praises Seedorf's Brazil move - Jul 05, 2012
- Seedorf says Brazil can attract other European stars - Jul 10, 2012
- Brazilian Jefferson set to sign for Sporting Lisbon - Jun 04, 2012
- Brazilian goalkeeper Cesar signs with QPR - Aug 29, 2012
- Wolfsburg reject Flamengo bid for Diego - Jun 30, 2012
- Abreu quits Botafogo, signs with Figueirense - Jul 06, 2012
- Abreu double lifts Botafogo to Carioca Cup final - Apr 30, 2012
- Forlan signs with Brazil's Internacional - Jul 07, 2012
- Juventus bids for Brazil's Elkeson - May 17, 2012