Brazilian playmaker Oscar denies Chelsea dealJuly 10th, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, July 10 (IANS) Highly rated Brazilian playmaker Oscar has denied reports he has been signed by European champion Chelsea.
Brazil’s media reported Monday that Oscar’s club Internacional had accepted a 25 million pound offer for the 20-year-old, Xinhua reported.
When asked by journalists about a possible move to the English Premier League outfit, Oscar smiled and continued walking past a waiting media throng.
“I’m staying,” he said, before entering the Rio de Janeiro hotel where Brazil’s Olympic team had gathered before flying to London.
Oscar shot to prominence in Brazil’s recent series of friendlies in Germany and the United States, where he wore the country’s prized No.10 shirt made famous by Pele.
- Chelsea set to announce deal for Brazil starlet Oscar - Jul 18, 2012
- Brazil to play three strikers at Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Brazil starlet reveals Tottenham approach - Jul 07, 2012
- Seedorf says Brazil can attract other European stars - Jul 10, 2012
- Forlan, Seedorf promise success for new clubs - Jul 08, 2012
- Chelsea not thinking about Club World Cup: Oscar - Sep 06, 2012
- Forlan signs with Brazil's Internacional - Jul 07, 2012
- Chelsea's 33 mn euro bid for Willian rejected - Jul 19, 2012
- Diego Forlan set for Internacional debut - Jul 24, 2012
- Maradona calls Pele 'idiot' for comments on Messi - Jun 10, 2012
- Barcelona invited to play in Brazil - Feb 19, 2012
- Inter Milan target Lucas vows to focus on Olympics - Jul 11, 2012
- Flamengo confirms interest in Dorival as new coach - Jul 25, 2012
- Ronaldinho out of Brazil squad - May 12, 2012
- Brazil's Olympic team rubbish: Romario - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: brazil, english premier league, european champion, friendlies, germany, journalists, london, olympic team, playmaker, prominence, rio de janeiro, rio de janeiro hotel, s media, united states, xinhua