Brazilian footie star Robinho reveals his three months of hellApril 24th, 2009 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.24 (ANI): Brazilian football star Robinho has revealed that the past three months have been hell, as he is waiting to see if he would be charged with an alleged sex attack on an 18-year-old.
Robinho, 25, who also plays for Manchester City, was arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting the student at The Space nightclub in Leeds on January 14.
According to the Daily Star, City fans are convinced his off-field worries are affecting his performances on the pitch.
“The Leeds incident was a bad thing to happen, particularly taking into account that I did nothing wrong. But I carried on with life and playing my football as though nothing had happened. That is the way it was. That is the way it had to be,” Robinho was quoted, as saying.
“My lack of goals or form had nothing to do with that. What happened has not soured my view of England or made me want to leave. I am used to the attention that I receive and I don’t get fed up about it. But not everything that is written about me is true,” he added.
Throughout his ordeal, the 160,000-pound-a-week star, who was signed from Real Madrid last summe, had the support of his team-mates and manager Mark Hughes, 45.
Robinho - who lives in Cheshire with his wife Vivian and their 16-month old son Robson - was told by detectives earlier this month they would not be taking any further action.
Last night, however, it emerged they are considering whether to charge the 18-year-old student, from Bristol, with wasting police time. (ANI)
- Robinho plays down return to Santos - May 05, 2012
- AC Milan's Robinho plays down home return - May 07, 2012
- Robinho turns his home into a fortress - Jan 31, 2009
- Robinho denies nightclub girl''s ''sex attack'' allegation - Jan 28, 2009
- Carlos Tevez and girlfriend back on track after cheating rumours - Mar 05, 2011
- Brazilian club Santos keen to re-sign Robinho - Apr 14, 2012
- TV actors Vivian, Vahbbiz paint the town red (With Images) - Mar 08, 2011
- Robinho begs Manchester City to let him quit - Jul 30, 2010
- Robinho expected to return to Santos from AC Milan - Mar 23, 2012
- Robinho to face no police action over rape claim - Apr 07, 2009
- Robson's mantra for Indian footballers: Get supremely fit - Sep 05, 2010
- Alcoholism nearly cost Cicinho his career - Aug 02, 2012
- Manchester City's Robinho seeks Santos stay - Aug 06, 2010
- Rooney furious over rival fans' sick Twitter taunts about son Kai - May 04, 2011
- Football world pays rich tribute to Gary Speed - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: brazilian football, cheshire, city fans, daily star, detectives, football star, footie, leeds, manchester city, mark hughes, ordeal, robinho, robson, sex attack, star city, summe, team mates, three months, wife vivian, worries