Brazilian footballer accused of killing former girlfriend and ‘feeding body parts to dogs’July 10th, 2010 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), July 10(ANI): Brazilian police believe that local football star Bruno Fernandes strangled his ‘missing’ former girlfriend and then fed her body parts to dogs.
Fernandes, until recently captain and goalkeeper of Brazil’s most popular club, Flamengo, has been the primary suspect in the killing of 25-year-old Eliza Samudio, who disappeared on June 4.
Police in Belo Horizonte claimed that Samudio was taken by force from a hotel in Rio de Janeiro on the day of her disappearance and was strangled in Belo Horizonte.
They said that her body was cut up and parts were fed to dogs, while the rest was buried under concrete, the BBC reports.
Samudio, a former model and actor, reportedly met Fernandes last year at a party and became pregnant during their first encounter.
Police believe the 25-year-old player was infuriated by her decision to keep the child, who is now four months old.
Before her disappearance, Samudio had approached police to report receiving threats from the goalkeeper.
Fernandes has however denied any wrongdoing, and said he has a “clear conscience”, but police said that Fernandes’ teenage cousin has given evidence against the goalkeeper.
The 25-year-old is currently behind bars in a high-security Rio de Janeiro jail. (ANI)
- Brazilian footballer's girlfriend 'fed to dogs' - Jul 10, 2010
- Brazilian goalie charged with ex-girlfriend's murder - Jul 31, 2010
- Ex-cop held for murder of Brazil soccer star's girlfriend - Jul 10, 2010
- Ronaldinho's debut for Atletico Mineiro debut put off - Jun 07, 2012
- Ronaldinho's Atletico Mineiro debut postponed - Jun 06, 2012
- Domestic violence kills 10 women a day in Brazil - Jul 12, 2010
- Ronaldinho signs up with Atletico Mineiro - Jun 05, 2012
- A woman killed every two hours in Brazil - Jul 14, 2010
- Wolfsburg reject Flamengo bid for Diego - Jun 30, 2012
- Injured Gremio goalkeeper Grohe to miss crucial game - Apr 29, 2012
- FIFA announces Confederation Cup venues - Oct 21, 2011
- Six die in shootout at Brazil nightclub - Aug 28, 2012
- Fluminense playmaker Neves out for two months - May 31, 2012
- No decision yet on Adriano, says Flamengo president - Apr 21, 2012
- Flamengo confirms interest in Dorival as new coach - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: bbc reports, belo horizonte, body parts, brazilian footballer, brazilian police, clear conscience, de janeiro brazil, disappearance, first encounter, flamengo, football star, former girlfriend, former model, four months, goalkeeper, high security, popular club, rio de janeiro, rio de janeiro brazil, wrongdoing