Brazil to play five friendlies in preparation for OlympicsJanuary 13th, 2012 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Jan 13 (IANS) The Brazilian Confederation of Soccer (CBF) has announced a series of five friendly matches in preparation for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Brazil’s first match will be against Bosnia Herzegovina in Switzerland Feb 28. The second match will be held in Germany May 26 against Denmark, Xinhua reported.
Brazil, coached by Mano Menezes, will then travel to the United States to hold three additional friendlies. May 30 or 31, the Brazilians will face the American national team in either Washington DC or Boston. June 3, the Brazilians next opponent will be Mexico in the city of Dallas, followed by a match June 9 against arch-rivals Argentina in New Jersey.
After the conclusion of the Olympics, Brazil will travel to face Sweden, marking a re-match of the finals of the 1958 World Cup in which Brazil won their first of the five world titles.
- Brazil's head coach warned to produce results - Mar 25, 2012
- Chelsea star Luiz out of Brazil friendlies - May 26, 2012
- Romario asks government to sack national coach - Sep 21, 2012
- Brazil international midfielder joins Spartak Moscow - Jun 29, 2012
- Brazil releases Neymar, Ganso for Libertadores quarter-final - May 15, 2012
- Brazil to play three strikers at Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Brazil winger Hulk anxious for Olympic call-up - May 27, 2012
- Striker Fabiano recalled to Brazil squad - Sep 12, 2012
- Ronaldinho out of Brazil squad - May 12, 2012
- Scolari says he is 'unwanted' for 2014 World Cup - Aug 25, 2012
- Menezes' position in jeopardy after Brazil's Olympic loss - Aug 13, 2012
- Chelsea set to announce deal for Brazil starlet Oscar - Jul 18, 2012
- Olympic football: Menezes refutes Brazil gold medal pressure - Aug 06, 2012
- Menezes to keep same squad for China friendly - Sep 09, 2012
- Brazil coach puts faith in Lucas - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: arch rivals, brazil, brazilians, cbf, city of dallas, confederation, denmark, friendlies, herzegovina, june 3, mano, next opponent, olympic games, olympics, play five, rio de janeiro, washington dc, world cup, world titles, xinhua