Brazil, Spain, Britain seeded in Olympic footballApril 24th, 2012 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 24 (IANS) Brazil, Spain, Britain and Mexico have been seeded for the Olympic men’s football tournament.
The draw for the group stage will separate the four seeded teams apart and will not meet till the knock-out stage.
Britain, who will for the first time since 1960 have a men’s team at the Olympics, will head Group A. World champions Spain will head Group D, while Brazil is the seeded team in Group C, reports Xinhua.
In the 12-team women’s draw, reigning Olympic champions United States, world champion Japan and Britain are the seeded teams.
The draw will take place at Wembley Stadium Tuesday.
- Team Britain given tough football draw in Olympics - Apr 25, 2012
- Lin Dan seeded second for Olympic badminton draw - Jul 22, 2012
- IOC to investigate coaches' role in badminton scandal - Aug 02, 2012
- Russia avoids US, draws Spain in Olympic basketball - Jul 09, 2012
- Chinese juggernaut rolls on at Olympics (World Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic badminton: Saina best bet for a medal - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympic football: Pele hoping for historic Brazil victory - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympics: Britain handed tough draw in men's water polo - May 07, 2012
- Olympic football: Brazil beat South Korea - Aug 08, 2012
- Zaccheroni to stay with Japan for two more years - Jun 23, 2012
- Portugal need to learn from mistakes: coach Queiroz - Jun 28, 2010
- Brazil starts preparations for Confederations Cup - Aug 15, 2012
- Olympic beach volleyball: Powerhouses enter knock-out stage - Jul 31, 2012
- US Open, Day 2: Wozniacki out, Djokovic in second round (Roundup) - Aug 29, 2012
- Federer, Azarenka top seeds at London Olympics - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: april 24, brazil, football london, football tournament, group stage, japan, knock out, mexico, olympic champions, olympic football, olympic men, olympics, spain, united states, wembley stadium, world champion, xinhua