Bradhaw frontrunner for CA team performance chief’s postSeptember 11th, 2011 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Sep 11 (IANS) Outgoing Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) secretary Keith Bradshaw has emerged as the frontrunner to take over as Cricket Australia’s (CA) first general manager for team performance.
Bradshaw, an Australian, has been at the helm at Lord’s since 2006 but will be returning home next month for family reasons.
“I’m aware of the role and it looks like a job with great challenges, but at the moment I’m just taking a deep breath and considering my options,” Bradshaw was quoted as saying by The Sunday Age.
The daily reported that CA chief executive James Sutherland is likely to meet Bradshaw in London on the sidelines of International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings.
Sutherland last week said that CA was on track to appoint a general manager of team performance, before the national squad departs for South Africa next month.
The general manager will then help to decide on a full-time national selector and head coach.
Australian women’s captain Belinda Clark, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide have been linked with the job as well. Former Adelaide coach Neil Craig, a high performance specialist, has reportedly ruled himself out.
Bradshaw played first-class cricket for Tasmania and has a knowledge of the system that helped England to the top of Test-playing nations. He has also served on the administrative board of the England and Wales Cricket Board.
- Bradshaw steps down as MCC's chief executive - Aug 25, 2011
- Former rugby player named performance manager of Australian cricket - Oct 13, 2011
- Cricket Australia launches global hunt for new coach - Oct 18, 2011
- South African Arthur appointed Australia's cricket coach - Nov 22, 2011
- Law to be head coach at Australia's Centre of Excellence - Apr 17, 2012
- CA makes sweeping changes, sacks Hilditch and Chappell from selection panel - Aug 19, 2011
- Cricket Australia 'deliberately stalling' review of Ashes loss - Feb 21, 2011
- Australia reappoints coach Nielsen until 2013 Ashes - Aug 24, 2010
- Nielsen resigns as coach of Australian cricket team - Sep 20, 2011
- Cricket Australia appoints Marsh, Bichel as selectors - Nov 10, 2011
- MCC to sponsor Pak's 'home' Test series against Australia in England - Apr 13, 2010
- CA brings day-night Test cricket with coloured ball closer to reality - Jan 09, 2010
- Women's ex-captain in running for CA's top post - Aug 20, 2011
- Hilditch, Nielsen could lose jobs under CA shake-up - Feb 09, 2011
- PCB backs day-night Test matches - May 11, 2011
Tags: administrative board, australian women, belinda clark, bradshaw, class cricket, cricket australia, deep breath, england and wales cricket board, frontrunner, head coach, international cricket council, james sutherland, marylebone cricket club, neil craig, performance specialist, returning home, sep 11, sidelines, team performance, wales cricket board