Bracken adjudged Man of the Series (Statistical Highlights)March 4th, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) Nathan Bracken was adjudged the Man of the Series for his haul of 21 wickets at the end of the Commonwealth Bank series on Tuesday. Praveen Kumar, 21, got his second Man of the Match award - his first against Australia with his four for 46, but it was only his second best analysis, after four for 31 against Sri Lanka.
Praveen’s four for 46, is his best bowling performance against Australia, eclipsing his two for 49 at SCG on March 2, 2008. His career-best is 4 for 31 against Sri Lanka at Hobart on February 26, 2008.
Nathan Bracken got his first Man of the series award for claiming 21 wickets at 16.52 runs apiece - the most by any bowler in the competition.
Among the other statistical highlights of the second CB series final were as follows:
*** India posted their first total of 250-plus in a triangular series final in Australia.
*** India posted their best opening stand at Brisbane, surpassing the 68 between Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag against Sri Lanka on February 5, 2008.
*** With 21 dismissals (19 catches + 2 stumpings) and 347 runs at an average of 69.40), Mahendra Singh Dhoni, became the first Indian wicketkeeper to complete the double of 300 runs and 20 dismissals in an ODI competition/series.
*** For the first time in over 27 years, an Indian opening pair (Robin Uthappa and Sachin Tendulkar) registered two successive partnerships of 50 or more against Australia in Australia - 50 at Sydney on March 2 and 94 at Brisbane on March 4.
*** Gautam Gambhir’s aggregate of 440 (ave.55.00), including two centuries and one fifty in 10 matches is now the second best by an Indian in a competition in Australia, next only to VVS Laxman’s tally of 443 (ave.63.29), including three centuries in 10 matches, in the 2003-04 VB series.
*** Matthew Hayden posted his 10th fifty against India - his 36th in ODIs.
*** James Hopes (63 off 88 balls)registered his career-best score in ODIs - his maiden fifty. His previous best was 43 against Sri Lanka at SCG on January 22, 2006.
- (VM) India record maiden World Cup semifinal victory at home (Statistical highlights) - Mar 31, 2011
- Gul bags maiden World Cup MOM award (Match highlights) - Mar 15, 2011
- India fall flat against Australia, almost out of tri-series (Roundup) - Feb 26, 2012
- Ponting first World Cup captain to score 1,000 runs - Mar 14, 2011
- Sri Lanka thump New Zealand for fifth straight time (Statistical highlights) - Mar 30, 2011
- A series of firsts for Ireland against England (Statistical Highlights) - Mar 03, 2011
- Munaf achieves career-best figures at Wanderers (Match highlights) - Jan 16, 2011
- India surpass Australia's record of most number of ODIs played - May 31, 2010
- Black Caps set bench mark for batting powerplay - Mar 14, 2011
- Dhoni sixth in ODI rankings after prolific series in England - Sep 18, 2011
- Best innings of my career, says Kohli - Feb 28, 2012
- Tendulkar opts out; Sehwag, Zaheer back for Lanka tour (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Tendulkar, Zaheer back in ODI fold, Irfan retained (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Rajkot ODI is second highest run-feast (Statistical highlights) - Dec 15, 2009
- Dilshan, Tharanga set World Cup records (Match highlights) - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: australia india, best score, cb series, commonwealth bank, competition series, dhoni, first man, gautam gambhir, matthew hayden, nathan bracken, odis, praveen kumar, robin uthappa, sachin tendulkar, scg, second man, sehwag, triangular series, wicketkeeper, wickets