Bounce India out from Sydney ground, says ClarkeDecember 31st, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Dec 31 (IANS) Australian captain Michael Clarke challenged his bowlers to bounce India out from the second Test that starts Tuesday at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).
“I love the aggression of our fast bowlers. I love the way they served it up to the Indian tailenders during our strong victory in Melbourne. If conditions suit, I have absolutely no problems with them bouncing the Indians again during the second Test in Sydney this week,” he said.
Clarke wants his bowlers to be ruthless and continue with the same strength and aggression that they showed during their 122-run win in the first Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
“We generated positive body language, making it clear to India we were up for every challenge that was presented. But we have to be smart about the way we attack them in Sydney and play according to the conditions and circumstances on offer,” he said.
Clarke, however, warned his team that India can come back strongly in the second Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).
“A team with as many quality players as India will hit back hard after this initial disappointment and some of their batsmen have outstanding records at the SCG. The great challenge for us is to play consistently strong cricket so we can get off the win/loss roller-coaster of the past few months,” Clarke said in his column in The Sunday Telegraph.
Lauding Australia’s bowling attack, Clarke said: “The most impressive part of our bowling in the first Test was the way our guys bowled as a unit, constantly maintaining pressure. We haven’t done that well for a long time, and what a difference it makes.”
“It is a real credit to our quicks given that James Pattinson was playing just his third Test, Peter Siddle has fought his way back to become an important member of the attack again and Ben Hilfenhaus was at his best in his first Test for a while.”
- Australia name unchanged XI for second Test - Jan 02, 2012
- We have intimidated Indian batsmen, says Pattinson - Jan 03, 2012
- History beckons both India and Australia but spotlight remains on Tendulkar - Jan 02, 2012
- Clarke expects Indian fightback in Sydney - Dec 29, 2011
- Lee lauds Australia's latest pace sensation Pattinson - Dec 31, 2011
- Harris returns to Australia Test squad - Dec 30, 2011
- Clarke praises injury-prone Harris - Jan 12, 2012
- India on verge of innings defeat at SCG (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Clarke's triple century makes it tough for India (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2012
- Australia reach 349/4 in first innings at tea - Jan 04, 2012
- India crushed at SCG by an innings and 68 (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2012
- India will come back strongly in Sydney: Ganguly - Dec 30, 2011
- We have always put the team first: Clarke - Jan 06, 2012
- To whitewash India, Aussies must stop Sehwag and Tendulkar: Chappell - Dec 31, 2011
- Stars favour Tendulkar scoring 100th ton at SCG: Hussey - Jan 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,