Boston Red Sox Set To Acquire LiverPoolOctober 6th, 2010 - 7:39 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a latest development in the sports world, the board of the Premier League club Liverpool decided to sell it to the Boston Red Sox owners. The deal was finalized on Wednesday. The board also said that action will be taken against the current US based owners of the club to make them see reason. The owners of the Red Sox, New England Sports Ventures, said that they would battle the bid. The reason they cited was that the bid underrates the champion club. Both the clubs are yet to come out with their financial details regarding the deal. However, the buzz is that Boston Red Sox is paying a whopping 300 million pounds for the takeover.
Martin Broughton the Liverpool chairman and Christian Purslow the managing director of the club accepted the offer to sell Liverpool to the Boston Red sox. Ian Ayre the club’s commercial director also accepted the offer. Martin Broughton said in a statement that he feels elated at the completion of the sale procedure. The offer according to him will give the club the chance to get rid of the acquisition debt. However he also said that he was sorry as the owners of the club tried their level best to prevent the deal from materializing.
The fans of the club got excited Wednesday they came to know about the change of ownership. However, the control will still be with the Americans. Some of the fans are miffed with the with the owners are interfering in the activities of the club. The fans have insisted for long that the new owners must value the legacy and tradition of the club.
- Liverpool take over battle gets murkier with arrival of mystery bidder - Oct 06, 2010
- Liverpool owners block sale by US court's temporary restraining order - Oct 14, 2010
- Liverpool's American owners accept selling club now 'inevitable' - Oct 13, 2010
- Premier League approves Liverpool 300 million pound-takeover bid - Oct 09, 2010
- Liverpool to sign Uruguayan striker Suarez for 23 million pounds - Jan 29, 2011
- Benitez's six-year-rule with Liverpool ends with a sack - Jun 03, 2010
- Tottenham could sell Gareth Bale - Apr 10, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani, Sahara Group chief Roy reportedly bidding for Liverpool FC - Feb 09, 2010
- Torres urges Liverpool to let him join Chelsea - Jan 29, 2011
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Huang withdraws from Liverpool bid - Aug 21, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Theo Epstein to be the new GM of Chicago Cubs - Oct 12, 2011
- American investor group to buy AS Roma football club - Mar 30, 2011
- Martin Luther King's son planning to buy a stake in New York Mets - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: acquisition, ayre, boston red sox, buzz, champion club, change of ownership, club liverpool, commercial director, financial details, legacy, managing director, martin broughton, new england, new england sports, premier league, ranjan, sports world, takeover, tradition