Boom-Boom Afridi accused of slapping autograph hunterJanuary 10th, 2009 - 1:58 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan.10 (ANI): Shahid Afridi may be in for more trouble, after media reports claimed that he slapped an autograph hunter after a cricket match between Habib Bank Limited (HBL), and Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).
A television reporter and a cameraman of a private television channel claimed that they saw Afridi slapping a man who was asking for an autograph from him, the Daily Times reported.
However Afridi, has denied the allegations saying: I didnt slap anyone. There was this guy who was chasing and pushing me for an autograph. I just pushed him away.
Meanwhile, the Pakistan Cricket Board has said that an enquiry would be carried out to probe the incident.
Afridi, known for his flamboyant and aggressive batting, has been involved in such incidents earlier too when he was seen on camera thrusting his bat at a spectator who swore at him on his way up the steps after being dismissed in a game. Replays seemed to show that the action was not meant to cause injury, though the spectator had to move out of the way to avoid contact.
He was found guilty and given a four-game ODI suspension. He missed Pakistan’’s first two 2007 World Cup matches due to the ban. (ANI)
- Pak's holding of Quaid-e-Azam final under lights may revolutionize Test cricket: Miandad - Jan 13, 2011
- PCB should continue holding QEA Trophy matches in 'day and night' format: Raza - Jan 18, 2011
- Shahid Afridi apologises for hitting fan - Mar 24, 2012
- Abbas overlooked for Pakistan's CWG and Asian Games squads - Jul 29, 2010
- No pressure on Pak team ahead of semi-final clash against India: Afridi - Mar 29, 2011
- Afridi is 'immature': Younis in report to PCB - Jun 07, 2011
- It's good India, Pakistan are meeting at highest level again: Afridi - Apr 12, 2011
- Contenders Afridi, Misbah have "no issues" over Pak captaincy for World Cup 2011 - Feb 03, 2011
- Senior players leak information: Pakistan manager - Jul 06, 2011
- Malik to lead Pakistan in T20 against Australia in place of 'banned' Afridi - Feb 02, 2010
- IPL will miss Pakistani cricketers, says Akram - Dec 23, 2010
- Afridi's speech won millions of hearts, says Pakistani daily - Apr 01, 2011
- Afridi eager to return to cricket - Jun 22, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Night Intro) - Mar 26, 2011
- Afridi undecided about his Test future - Jun 24, 2010
Tags: allegations, autograph hunter, boom boom, cameraman, cricket match, enquiry, game replays, habib bank limited, hbl, lahore, odi, pakistan cricket board, pakistan international airlines, private television, shahid afridi, spectator, television channel, television reporter, world cup