Bond recalled for Twenty20s, ODI series against AustraliaFebruary 20th, 2010 - 1:30 pm ICT by ANI
Auckland, Feb 20(ANI): New Zealand have recalled fast bowler Shane Bond for the two Twenty20 matches and the five game ODI series against Australia.Bond, who recently retired from Test cricket, replaces fellow fast bowler Ian Butler and is the only change to the Twenty 20 group that prepared for the one-off defeat of Bangladesh this month.
New Zealand coach Mark Greatbatch said Bond was primed to return after missing the Bangladesh series to ensure he was fully fit to face Australia.
“We’re very happy with Shane’s progress. He has had five-six games now with Canterbury and club cricket and he’s ready to go. He’s very, very excited … he’s always saved his best for them so he’s looking forward to getting stuck in and helping us,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Greatbatch, as saying.
“He offers a lot, he’s a professional and he’s experienced. He bowls quick and he’s a real asset to captain Daniel Vettori as far as the bowling is concerned so we’re excited to have him back,” he added.
Along with Bond, all-rounder Scott Styris and offspinner Nathan McCullum have also been included in the team.
Meanwhile, pace bowler Andy McKay has been ruled out of the series due to an injured foot.
New Zealand and Australia will play the Twenty20 games in Wellington on February 26 and Christchurch on February 28.
The one-day series takes in games in Napier (March 3), Auckland (March 6), Hamilton (March 9), Auckland (March 11) and Wellington (March 13).
New Zealand’s 12-man squad for Twenty20: Daniel Vettori (captain), Brendon McCullum, Peter Ingram, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor, James Franklin, Jacob Oram, Gareth Hopkins, Nathan McCullum, Tim Southee, Daryl Tuffey and Shane Bond.
New Zealand’s 13-man squad for One-day international:
Daniel Vettori (captain), Brendon McCullum, Peter Ingram, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor, Scott Styris, Neil Broom, James Franklin, Jacob Oram, Nathan McCullum, Tim Southee, Daryl Tuffey and Shane Bond. (ANI)
- Styris, Nathan McCullum likely to miss Napier ODI against Australia - Mar 02, 2010
- New Zealand include new faces for Bangladesh series - Jan 25, 2010
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- Ryder named in New Zealand's preliminary squad for T20 World Cup - Mar 06, 2010
- Tuffey replaces injured McKay in New Zealand test squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Taylor named New Zealand captain for Sri Lanka tri-series - Jun 27, 2010
- Vettori, McCullum, Ryder back in Kiwi squad for Bangladesh tour - Sep 13, 2010
- Martin gets 'surprise' New Zealand Cricket contract renewal - Jul 20, 2010
- Rob Nicol named in 'injury hit' New Zealand Twenty20 World Cup squad - Mar 31, 2010
- South Africa decide to bat against New Zealand - May 07, 2010
- Styris, Jamie How recalled for ODI series against India - Nov 17, 2010
- New Zealand face daunting task against Sri Lanka (Preview) - Mar 28, 2011
- Can unpredictable New Zealand spring a surprise? (World Cup Countdown) - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: andy mckay, brendon mccullum, captain daniel, club cricket, daniel vettori, daryl tuffey, greatbatch, guptill, jacob oram, james franklin, man squad, neil broom, odi series, peter ingram, ross taylor, scott styris, sydney morning herald, taylor scott, test cricket, zealand coach