Bond in New Zealand A squad for Chennai tourneyJuly 31st, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) Shane Bond, Neil Broom, Nathan McCullum and Kyle Mills will play for New Zealand A in the Buchi Babu All India Invitation Tournament next month to warm for the Black Cap’s upcoming limited over cricket series against Sri Lanka and India.
The tournament, hosted by the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association, will include 15 other teams from across India.
The sides will play three rounds of two-day games in group play followed by two-day semi-finals and finals in Chennai Aug 16-29.
The quartet will then join up with the Black Caps for two Twenty20 internationals at the start of September, followed by the one-day series with Sri Lanka and India (Sep 8-14).
New Zealand A previously competed in the tournament in India in 2001, when the side also included Bond. They reached the final against a Bengal XI which ended in a draw.
New Zealand A side to play in India (dates to be confirmed): Peter Fulton (captain), Brent Arnel, Shane Bond, Neil Broom, Brendon Diamanti, Gareth Hopkins, Jamie How, Peter McGlashan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Tarun Nethula, Aaron Redmond, Tim Southee, B.J. Watling and Kane Williamson.
- Ryder named in New Zealand's preliminary squad for T20 World Cup - Mar 06, 2010
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- New Zealand include McCullum brothers in Twenty20 squad - Feb 12, 2009
- Black Caps wicketkeeper McGlashan eyeing 2011 World Cup spot - Dec 28, 2010
- Black Caps name Twenty20 squad - Feb 12, 2009
- Champions Trophy: New Zealand opt to bat against Australia in final - Oct 05, 2009
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- Oram selected for Twenty20 World Cup - Apr 07, 2009
- NZC focus on workload as teams picked for Windies series - May 04, 2012
- Players going under the IPL hammer - Jan 07, 2011
- West Indies eye series win against Black Caps - Jul 05, 2012
- Dhoni wins toss again, India to bat in second ODI - Mar 06, 2009
- Styris, Nathan McCullum likely to miss Napier ODI against Australia - Mar 02, 2010
- Kiwis win toss, opt to bat in fifth ODI - Dec 10, 2010
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: arnel, bengal, black cap, black caps, buchi, chennai, cricket series, diamanti, internationals, kyle mills, mccullum, mcglashan, neil broom, play three, quartet, semi finals, shane, tamil nadu cricket association, tarun, watling