Bolton signs striker Johan ElmanderJune 28th, 2008 - 1:58 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Bolton Wanderers have signed Sweden striker Johan Elmander on a three-year deal.
The Norway striker Daniel Braaten going the other way in a deal believed to be worth about £10m. “He is a player who will get us goals and create other opportunities for his team-mates,” Bolton manager Gary Megson said of the 27-year-old Elmander.
Elmander made his Sweden debut in 2002 and has featured 38 times for his country.
He will become the second new signing at the Reebok Stadium after Fabrice Muamba.
Megson said he expected more new faces before the start of next season. “I am still on the lookout for other players to boost the quality of our squad,” he said.
- Bolton midfielder Muamba critically ill after collapse - Mar 18, 2012
- Muamba showing signs of recovery - Mar 20, 2012
- England's Muamba quits football - Aug 15, 2012
- Muamba posts picture on Twitter - Mar 30, 2012
- Manchester City top Premier League as Bolton takes emotional win - Mar 25, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Nicolas Anelka signs with China's Shanghai Shenhua - Dec 12, 2011
- Zambia to review medical system for football players - Mar 22, 2012
- Student jailed for offensive Muamba tweets - Mar 27, 2012
- Bolton's Muamba starts walking again - Apr 06, 2012
- Lukaku contemplating loan move away from Chelsea - Mar 02, 2012
- Bolton sign defender Robinson - Jul 12, 2009
- Cahill completes Chelsea switch - Jan 14, 2012
- FIFA moves to prevent on-pitch cardiac arrests - May 26, 2012
- Euro 2012: Welbeck flick gives England 3-2 win over Sweden (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012