Bolt wins 100m at London Grand PrixJuly 25th, 2009 - 12:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 25 (ANI): Fastest man on the earth Usain Bolt won the 100m at the London Grand Prix here in astounding style.
Usain Bolt blew away all opposition in front of a sell-out crowd, running the 100 metres in 9.91 seconds into a strong headwind, seemingly unaffected by the news of his five compatriots’ positive drugs tests.
Bolt, who said he is still operating at 85 per cent, was pleased with the performance, The Guardian reported.
“I knew there was going to be a headwind so I wasn’t really worried about the time. My main aim was to get the first 50 metres and my starts corrected and I did that. I did well. I’m happy - I’ve got two, three good weeks of training to put in before Berlin. I’ll be 100 percent by then,” he said.
Bolt was slow to react to the gun but took control by the halfway point, with the rest of the field then chasing him. Yohan Blake, who trains with Bolt, came second in 10.11sec, with Daniel Bailey third.
In the women’s pole vault Yelena Isinbayeva suffered her first defeat at a major event in six years as Anna Rogowska of Poland won by default, taking fewer attempts to clear 4.68m. (ANI)
- Bolt runs personal best in rain at Golden League (Lead) - Jul 18, 2009
- Olympics athletics: Bolt, Blake headlines semi-finalists for 100m - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt breezes into 200m final - Aug 09, 2012
- Isinbayeva '90 percent ready' for Olympics - Jun 30, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt leads Jamaica to record sprint relay gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Coach key to my success, says Bolt - Sep 13, 2012
- Bolt will face stiff challenge from Blake: Holmes - May 04, 2012
- Bolt to lead Jamaican charge at World Championships - Aug 17, 2011
- Olympic athletics: Bolt warns Blake off 200m gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Forget winning 200m title, Bolt tells Blake - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt storms to 200m glory to make history - Aug 10, 2012
- Bolt screams to Olympic 100m gold (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Blake pips Usain Bolt for Jamaica's top athlete award - Dec 10, 2011
- Olympics: Bolt admits to pressure ahead of 100m conquest - Aug 07, 2012
- Isinbayeva meets disaster; Fraser and Bekele shine - Aug 18, 2009
Tags: aim, anna rogowska, attempts, berlin, bolt, compatriots, crowd, daniel bailey, drugs, fastest man, guardian, halfway point, headwind, london grand prix, opposition, poland, pole vault, six years, yelena isinbayeva, yohan blake