Bolt sets world record over 150 metersMay 18th, 2009 - 2:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 18 (ANI): Usain Bolt stormed to a world’s best of 14.35 seconds over 150 meters on the streets of Manchester last night.
Bolt, the reigning world record holder at 100m and 200m, left the rest of the field - including British sprinter Marlon Devonish comfortably behind, The Sun reports.The Olympic champion now insists he can lower his own 100m world mark of 9.69 seconds - set in Beijing last summer - to 9.4sec.
Jamaican Bolt almost had to pull out of last night’s race in Deansgate when he crashed his car into a ditch back home on April 29.
He only returned to full training last week having had stitches in his left foot.
But in his first outing this year, he covered the first 100m in an astonishing 9.9sec.
And he went on to smash the previous best of 14.8sec for the 150m set by Italian Pietro Mennea in 1983 - when Bolt was not even born.
Bolt, 22, admitted: “I didn’t expect to run that fast. It’s my first major run of the season and I was happy just to come out and run. I don’t even think I’m in the best of shape and I still have a lot of work to do.” (ANI)
- Olympics won't be easy for Bolt: Mennea - Jul 13, 2012
- World Athletics: Bolt fastest in 100m heat - Aug 27, 2011
- Olympics: Blake downplays experience factor in 100m contest - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt hopes to 'continue flying' - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt claims historic double with 200m gold (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Powell issues warning to Bolt by winning in Hungary - Jul 31, 2011
- Fit-again Bolt admits to past back injury - Jul 27, 2012
- British sprinter Malcolm confident of beating Bolt - Aug 26, 2011
- Bolt's peerless victory in Zagreb 100 metres - Sep 14, 2011
- Sluggish Bolt wins as sharp Blake also triumphs - Sep 08, 2012
- Bolt, Blake break meet records in Lausanne - Aug 24, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt warns Blake off 200m gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Forget winning 200m title, Bolt tells Blake - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic athletics: I have nothing left to prove, says Bolt (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Bolt battles flu to win at Diamond League - Jul 09, 2011