Bolt not to target three individual golds in London 2012June 3rd, 2009 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kingston, June 3 (Xinhua) Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt rejected the possibility of running the three individual events of 100, 200 and 400 meters in the 2012 London Olympics.
Bolt, winner of 100, 200 and 4×100m relay in last year’s Beijing Games, said he would do either two of them but not all.
“I never actually said that I could run three events, because that’s a lot of load and I really doubt whether I can do that,” the 22-year-old Bolt said at the launch of his track club in the Jamaican capital late on Tuesday.
“I don’t think that I could do that at one track meet, so somebody got it wrong along the line. I may be doing 100 and 200, or 200 and 400, but not all three.”
The club, which coaches athletes for the 100, 200, 400 and 400 hurdles, has 23 athletes on its roster, including two female sprinters. It has attracted athletes from around the Caribbean as well as from as far away as Gambia and South Africa.
- Pound's drug remark about Jamaican athletes rubbished - Aug 15, 2012
- Now Blake keen on playing in Australia's Big Bash - Aug 17, 2012
- Olympics: Blake downplays experience factor in 100m contest - Aug 02, 2012
- Bolt, Pearson named IAAF athletes of the year - Nov 13, 2011
- Sprint legend Quarrie says team support boosted Jamaica - Aug 22, 2012
- Olympic athletics: I have nothing left to prove, says Bolt (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Bolt, Blake to lead Caribbean challenge - Aug 22, 2012
- Olympic champion Bolt starts season with home event - Apr 18, 2012
- Usain Bolt aims to touch 9.4secs before switching career - Sep 05, 2010
- Bolt beaten in 100m at Jamaican Olympic trials - Jun 30, 2012
- Olympics: Jamaica celebrates historic 200m one-two-three - Aug 10, 2012
- Asafa Powell says he is favourite to win World title - Aug 25, 2011
- Olympics: Bolt hopes to 'continue flying' - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt retains sprint titles, US overtakes China in medal tally (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Bolt wants to break his records to become legend at 2012 Olympic Games in London - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: 2012 london olympics, beijing, caribbean, female sprinters, gambia, games, hurdles, jamaican capital, june 3, kingston, launch, london 2012, olympic champion, olympics, south africa, usain bolt, xinhua