Bolt in 200m semis at Olympic trialsJuly 1st, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Kingston, July 1 (IANS/CMC) Usain Bolt shrugged off a shock defeat to Yohan Blake in the men’s 100 metres final to coast into the semi-finals of the 200 metres at the Jamaica Olympic trials here.
Running at the National Stadium, the 25-year-old showed no signs of the heavy defeat as he recorded a time of 21.21 seconds in the opening heat Saturday.
Ainsley Waugh finished second in 21.22 seconds while Dexter McKenzie was third in 21.36, reported Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC).
Blake, who Friday night clocked a lightning world-leading 9.75 seconds to beat Bolt, also eased through to the 200m semis by winning heat two in a time of 21.43.
He was followed home by Ryan Shields (21.59) and Triston Walker (21.70).
Bolt is the defending Olympic and World champion but Blake is expected to threaten after his personal best 19.26 seconds in Brussels last September which was the second fastest ever time for 200 metres in history.
- Forget winning 200m title, Bolt tells Blake - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt warns Blake off 200m gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Blake stuns Bolt for second time to win 200m - Jul 02, 2012
- Bolt unfazed despite two shockers from Blake - Jul 05, 2012
- Gay says Olympic 100m open affair after Paris win - Jul 08, 2012
- Coach key to my success, says Bolt - Sep 13, 2012
- Bolt sparkles but upstaged by amazing Blake - Sep 17, 2011
- Blake warns Bolt with convincing 100m win - May 11, 2012
- Bolt, Blake make shortlist for Athlete-of-the-Year award - Nov 05, 2011
- Olympics: Bolt admits to pressure ahead of 100m conquest - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt, Brathwaite anxiously eyeing semis - Aug 08, 2012
- Carl Lewis doubts Bolt's Olympics 100m title defence - Jul 15, 2012
- Fit-again Bolt admits to past back injury - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt breezes into 200m final - Aug 09, 2012
- Bolt injury free, ready to defend titles, says manager - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: ainsley, bolt, brussels, caribbean media, dexter, friday night, jamaica, july 1, kingston, last september, mckenzie, olympic trials, semi finals, semis, shields, shock defeat, triston, waugh, world champion, yohan blake