Bolt breezes to take 200m in Zurich Diamond LeagueAugust 31st, 2012 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
Geneva, Aug 31 (IANS) London Olympics champion Usain Bolt sprinted to a comfortable 200m win in the Diamond League meeting in Zurich.
Bolt posted a meet record of 19.66 seconds as his fellow Jamaicans swept the next three spots in this men’s event Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Nickel Ashmeade who did not compete in the Olympics after only finishing fourth in the Jamaican trials, claimed second in a personal best of 19.85.
Jason Young and Olympic bronze medallist Warren Weir were third (20.08) and fourth (20.18), respectively.
Bolt, who bagged 100m, 200m and 4×100m titles in London earlier this month to repeat his feat in Beijing four years ago, said he was happy about his result in Zurich.
“Running under 20 seconds is good. I am happy to run sub-20sec but I did not want to push my body — it’s the end of the season and I have to be careful,” said the 26-year-old.
- Bolt, Blake break meet records in Lausanne - Aug 24, 2012
- Sluggish Bolt wins as sharp Blake also triumphs - Sep 08, 2012
- Blake stuns Bolt for second time to win 200m - Jul 02, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt breezes into 200m final - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt storms to 200m glory to make history - Aug 10, 2012
- Tired Bolt eyes world-leading time in Brussels - Sep 16, 2011
- Fraser-Pryce sends warning, Blake sizzles in New York - Jun 10, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt, Brathwaite anxiously eyeing semis - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Jamaica celebrates historic 200m one-two-three - Aug 10, 2012
- Bolt, Blake to lead Caribbean challenge - Aug 22, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt claims historic double with 200m gold (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- I stayed on for the fans, says Bolt - Sep 01, 2012
- Gay says Olympic 100m open affair after Paris win - Jul 08, 2012
- Olympic athletics: I have nothing left to prove, says Bolt (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Jamaican trio wins but Fraser-Pryce beaten again - Aug 27, 2012