Bollywood horror flick ”Phoonk” all set for releaseAugust 21st, 2008 - 7:26 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, August 21 (ANI): As Bollywood horror flick ”Phoonk” is all set to hit the screens across the country on Friday, its star cast spoke about their roles in film.
Directed by Ram Gopal Verma, the film has a whole new set of stars cast which include Kannada film star Sudeep, Amruta Khanvilkar, Ahsaas Channa, Kenny Desai and Ashwini Kalsekar.
Azam Khan and Praveen Nischol are producers of the film.
The film ”Phoonk” deals with original and high interest topic of black magic and fear, which Verma has explored in his unique way.
Speaking to the media Sudeep, lead actor of this film said that as far casting him in this movie is concerned the all the credit goes to Verma.
As far as conviction of casting me, all the credit goes to him (Ram Gopal Verma). I had no idea what he had in his mind. Due to lot of intensity in the character he casted me and probably wanted me to make the character look real and not very star cast type. He has gone on with casting because I guess because he wanted people to just get into the flow of the subject and not the casting, said Sudeep.
Debutant Bollywood Actress Amruta Khanvilkar spoke at length about her role.
My character in the film is about a girl who is a complete believer in god. Somewhere down the line she starts believing in black magic. She thinks that as god is power so is black magic, which takes one towards the evil. But slowly as the film progresses she thinks that practical things like doctors and medicine also exist. So my character transforms from a complete believer in god towards an atheist, said Amruta.
Child artist Ahsaas Channa who essays the role of Raksha in the film said that she was very excited about acting in this film.
Actually I was excited and I wanted to do this movie because I had to touch the roof and somebody who was to slap me was not visible, said Ahsaas.
In this film ordinary family is put in an extra ordinary situation, so that the audiences should identify with ”this family” (with whom the incident happens). This family can be their family (audience’’s family) or their neighbour’’s family. Moreover there are no commercial items in this film.
Some of best works of Ram Gopal Verma include Rangeela, Satya, Bhoot, Company, Sarkar, Shiva, and Sarkar Raj. Not all of his movies have been a success with ”Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag”, based on the Bollywood classic Sholay, proving to one of the biggest failures of 2008.
However, Verma expects the horror flick ”Phoonk” will come up to the expectations of the filmgoers. (ANI)
- Varma returns to scare audiences with 'Phoonk 2' (IANS Preview) - Apr 12, 2010
- Varma to make 'Phoonk-2' in three languages - Dec 06, 2009
- 'Paathshaala', 'Phoonk 2' fail to cast spell at box office - Apr 19, 2010
- "People think ki chalo bhoot aayega aur daraega" - Milind Gadagkar (Director of 'Phoonk 2') - Apr 16, 2010
- 'Phoonk 2' will scare people in a big way: Director - Jan 10, 2010
- Best performance in 'Phoonk 2'? From the crow (IANS Movie Review - Rating: **) - Apr 16, 2010
- Movie Review: Phoonk 2(2010) - Apr 16, 2010
- Ramu's Crow Takes On Shahid Kapoor: "Let's See If People Like My Hero Better Than Shahid Kapoor" - Ram Gopal Varma - Apr 15, 2010
- 'Phoonk' star Amruta learns acting from child artiste - Aug 21, 2008
- Ram Gopal Verma talks about his upcoming film ''Phoonk'' - Jul 26, 2008
- 'Help' to break Friday 13th jinx - Jul 15, 2010
- Phoonk-2 goes trilingual now - Sep 09, 2009
- The idea for 'Phoonk' came from India TV: Varma - Aug 26, 2008
- Ram Gopal Varma's Phoonk to be dubbed in Tamil - Apr 02, 2009
- "It Is A Wrong Perception In The Minds Of People In India That A Horror Film Has To Be Gory" - Wilson Louis - Sep 04, 2010