Board’s Grade A contract for Yuvraj, Ishant and ViratOctober 29th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 29 (IANS) The Indian cricket board rewarded Yuvraj Singh, Ishant Sharma and Virat Kohli for their consistent performance with promotion to Grade A contracts and added as many as 14 players in Grade C list for the 2011-12 season.
Spinners Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja, who played a crucial role in India’s 5-0 whitewash of England, have been promoted to Grade B along with batsman Rohit Sharma.
Harbhajan Singh and Suresh Raina, who were dropped from the upcoming Test series against the West Indies for their poor showing on the England tour, have been retained in Grade A along with Sachin Tendulkar, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, V.V.S. Laxman. They all will continue to get the Rs.1 crore retainership.
Impressive perfomers in the series against England, batsman Ajinkya Rahane and speedster Varun Aaron have been given Grade C contracts.
Munaf Patel, Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha, Parthiv Patel, S. Badrinath, Manoj Tiwary, Piyush Chawla, Dinesh Karthik, Jaydev Unadkat, Umesh Yadav, Rahul Sharma and Abhinav Mukund were also given Grade C contracts.
Mukund’s name was missing from the original list issued after the board meeting, but later in the evening the BCCI in a statement said: “Abhinav Mukund’s name was missing from the list of the players contracted by the BCCI for the 2011-12 season, sent earlier today (Saturday). Mukund is in Grade C.”
Opening batsman Murali Vijay has dropped to Grade C from B and left-arm pacer Ashish Nehra, who has not played since his injury in the World Cup semifinal against Pakistan, is the only player from the previous list to miss out on a contract.
The number of cricketers, who made the grades approved by the Board of Control for Cricket in India at its working committee meeting Saturday, has inncreased from 24 to 36 (Grade A-12, Grade B-5, Grade-C 19).
Players graded for 2011-12 season:
Grade A (Rs.1 crore): Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, V.V.S. Laxman, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh, Ishant Sharma, Virat Kohli.
Grade B (Rs.50 lakh): Praveen Kumar, Pragyan Ojha, Ravichandran Ashwin, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja.
Grade C (Rs.25 lakh): Shantakumaran Sreesanth, Amit Mishra, Cheteshwar Pujara, Abhimanyu Mithun, Vinay Kumar, Ajinkya Rahane, Munaf Patel, Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha, Parthiv Patel, S Badrinath, Manoj Tiwary, Piyush Chawla, Dinesh Karthik, Jaydev Unadkat, Umesh Yadav, Rahul Sharma, Varun Aaron, Abhinav Mukund.
- Parthiv Patel to lead Rest of India in Irani Cup - Sep 23, 2011
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Nehra awarded Grade B contract, Irfan demoted to Grade C - Nov 25, 2009
- Pujara to lead India A for Caribbean tour - Apr 27, 2012
- Six changes in India squad for England, Sehwag to join later - Jul 02, 2011
- Harmeet Singh named in Rest of India squad (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Harmeet Singh picked up for Irani Cup - Sep 10, 2012
- Yuvraj axed from Test squad, Pujara included - Sep 20, 2010
- World Cup probables announced - Dec 18, 2010
- Mukund named India A captain for New Zealand tour - Aug 10, 2012
- Yuvraj dropped, Pujara drafted in Indian Test squad (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Gambhir, Yuvraj ruled out from West Indies series - May 27, 2011
- Badrinath, Gambhir, Harbhajan to lead Challenger Trophy teams - Sep 29, 2011
- World Cup: Selectors to pick 15-member Indian team Monday - Jan 14, 2011
- BCCI announces 2011World Cup probables - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: abhinav, ashish nehra, dhoni, dinesh karthik, england batsman, gautam gambhir, indian cricket board, jadeja, manoj tiwary, mukund, parthiv patel, piyush chawla, rahul dravid, rahul sharma, ravichandran, rohit sharma, shikhar dhawan, suresh raina, virender sehwag, world cup semifinal