Blackburn Rovers to continue with ‘flop’ manager Steve KeanMarch 8th, 2011 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 8(ANI): Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has been told that his job is safe at Ewood Park, despite an admission by the club’s Indian owners, Venky’s, that they are increasingly concerned by their recent slump.
Kean, who succeeded the sacked Sam Allardyce last December, has lost eight of his 14 games in charge.
“Yes, we are concerned with results, but we are now trying to improve all aspects. Plans are looking very positive and in the future I am sure we will do better,” the Sun quoted Venky’s director Venkatesh Rao, as saying.
Chairwoman Anuradha Desai, who handed Kean a two-year deal in January, said: “We have a contract with Steve Kean and he will continue in his present position. There is no question of the manager being changed.”
Blackburn will next face Blackpool on March 19. (ANI)
- Venky's sack Blackburn Rovers' manager Sam Allardyce - Dec 15, 2010
- Premier League clubs want me: Maradona - Jan 11, 2011
- EPL side Blackburn Rovers arrive in Pune - Oct 05, 2011
- Blackburn Rovers' Indian owner criticized for sacking coach - Dec 19, 2010
- Blackburn's Indian owners left red-faced over Ronaldinho Twitter claim - Jan 03, 2011
- Indian poultry tycoon Desai shows door to Blackburn chairman - Feb 04, 2011
- West Ham United eyeing Allardyce as a replacement for manager Grant - Jan 10, 2011
- Rovers told to show result by owners - Oct 09, 2011
- Indian presence in English Premier League doubles - May 23, 2011
- Blackburn's Indian owners say they bid for Ronaldinho - Jan 04, 2011
- Under-fire Kean gets owners backing - Oct 08, 2011
- Indian company Venky's to buy Blakburn Rovers - Oct 26, 2010
- Indian firm Venkys says it is set to acquire Blackburn Rovers - Oct 28, 2010
- Shebby Singh appointed Blackburn's football director - Jun 19, 2012
- Venkys to sponsor Mumbai Fighters - Nov 11, 2011