Black Caps to come up with Plan B to neutralise Indian juggernautMarch 10th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
Hamilton (New Zealand), Mar.10 (ANI): The Black Caps have reportedly decided to switch tactics against India in Hamilton tomorrow provided, of course, skipper Daniel Vettori gets the option and the pitch is of its usual good standard.
Down 2-0, with two to play, New Zealand coach Andy Moles feels it is time to switch tactics in an attempt to put the Indians under some heat, which is possibly another way of saying his bowlers simply have the yips and are losing them games.
Moles called a meeting of his beaten-up bowlers yesterday morning after they conceded 392 runs, albeit on the smallest ground on the international circuit.
“We feel we are making life a little bit easy for India and we will endeavour to put that right in the next two games,” Moles said.
“We”ve not built any pressure with the ball as a group.”
Moles was open about the switch in tactics.
India are expected to be without Sachin Tendulkar (abdominal strain) but his obvious replacement, Rohit Sharma, was a star in Australia last summer.
They will also welcome back big Ishant Sharma. (ANI)
- Yuvraj centre of attraction at Vizag T20 (Preview) - Sep 07, 2012
- Ishant was 'the real difference' between India, New Zealand in Nagpur: Vettori - Nov 24, 2010
- Weather again in Yuvraj's way (Preview) - Sep 10, 2012
- Final scoreboard: India vs.New Zealand, Third Test - Nov 23, 2010
- We are capable of making a comeback: Kiwis' Jeetan Patel - Aug 24, 2012
- Ishant hopes for a good show against New Zealand - Aug 20, 2012
- Grappling with injuries, India to take on Sri Lanka - Aug 15, 2010
- Kohli moves to seventh in ICC ODI rankings - Jun 19, 2011
- Kiwis wary of India's batting depth and rain forecast (Preview) - Nov 19, 2010
- We will exploit Australia's weakness against swing: Rohit - Dec 16, 2011
- India's best chance of a series win in Australia (Preview) - Dec 25, 2011
- Sehwag give India a strong start (Lunch report) - Nov 21, 2010
- Martin's inclusion in Test side to be decided Monday - Mar 15, 2009
- India to make fresh start against New Zealand (Preview) - Aug 22, 2012
- India look to extending Test cricket domination - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: abdominal strain, australia, black caps, bowlers, coach andy, daniel vettori, endeavour, hamilton new zealand, India, indians, juggernaut, little bit, moles, pitch, plan b, skipper, two games, yesterday morning, yips, zealand coach