Black Caps move power hitters down the order for ODI against PakJanuary 21st, 2011 - 2:23 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington (New Zealand), Jan.21 (ANI): New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori has revealed that Brendon McCullum will bat at No 6 in Saturday’s first one-day international against Pakistan in Wellington.
Vettori told a pre-match press conference that McCullum would drop down from opener to six, with Jacob Oram at seven in a bid to replicate the side’s batting success of several years ago.He said Jesse Ryder would partner Martin Guptill in the opening slot, with Ross Taylor and Scott Styris to follow, stuff.co.nz reports.
Vettori said Jamie How will be 12th man tomorrow, and with fellow World Cup squad members Kyle Mills, Luke Woodcock and Kane Williamson will play domestic one-day matches on Sunday.Vettori said McCullum wanted clarity around his role and he accepted the decision once it was discussed for the day-nighter at Westpac Stadium.
The reshuffle gives New Zealand’s batting a formidable look, with Vettori at eight and Nathan McCullum at nine.
Coach John Wright said yesterday the aim was to stack the batting lineup with an eye to the World Cup. (ANI)
- New Zealand to bat against Sri Lanka - Mar 29, 2011
- Black Caps boost batting line-up for Napier ODI - Jan 31, 2011
- Vettori wins toss, New Zealand elect to bat - Mar 25, 2011
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- Scoreboard of New Zealand's innings against South Africa - Mar 25, 2011
- Can unpredictable New Zealand spring a surprise? (World Cup Countdown) - Jan 31, 2011
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: New Zealand vs. South Africa - Mar 25, 2011
- Sri Lanka elect to bat against New Zealand - Mar 18, 2011
- Pakistan beats New Zealand in Christchurch ODI to level series 1-1 - Jan 29, 2011
- Scoreboard of New Zealand's innings against Sri Lanka - Mar 29, 2011
- Coach Wright sees Styris playing key role against Proteas - Mar 24, 2011
- New Zealand face daunting task against Sri Lanka (Preview) - Mar 28, 2011
- NZC focus on workload as teams picked for Windies series - May 04, 2012
Tags: 12th man, black caps, coach john, daniel vettori, guptill, jacob oram, jan 21, kyle mills, mccullum, odi, power hitters, reshuffle, ross taylor, skipper, squad members, stuff co nz, wellington new zealand, westpac, woodcock, world cup squad