Black Caps boost batting line-up for Napier ODIJanuary 31st, 2011 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
Napier (New Zealand), Jan.31 (ANI): New Zealand will play with just two pace bowlers in tomorrow’s fourth one-day cricket international against Pakistan in Napier, preferring to boost their batting line-up.A team spokesman confirmed Jacob Oram would be 12th man, joining the already omitted trio James Franklin, Kyle Mills and Luke Woodcock on the sidelines as the selectors’ rotation policy continues.
Jamie How and Kane Williamson will both slot in to a lineup which includes seven specialist batsmen, although the order was yet to be confirmed.
Stuff.co.nz quoted skipper Daniel Vettori, as saying that the selector-driven squad rotation was “a little bit tough” to deal with, but as international cricketers they had to accept it.New Zealand have won all four ODIs against Pakistan in Napier.
Pakistan coach Waqar Younis said there would only be one change at the most from Saturday’s winning side.
New Zealand: Daniel Vettori (captain), Martin Guptill, Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor, Jamie How, Kane Williamson, Scott Styris, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Tim Southee, Hamish Bennett. (ANI)
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- Can unpredictable New Zealand spring a surprise? (World Cup Countdown) - Jan 31, 2011
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- Styris, Jamie How recalled for ODI series against India - Nov 17, 2010
- New Zealand to bat against Sri Lanka - Mar 29, 2011
- Australia opt to field against New Zealand - Feb 25, 2011
- Vettori wins toss, New Zealand elect to bat - Mar 25, 2011
- New Zealand opt to bat against India - Nov 12, 2010
- Black Caps move power hitters down the order for ODI against Pak - Jan 21, 2011
- Sri Lanka elect to bat against New Zealand - Mar 18, 2011
- Vettori, McCullum, Ryder back in Kiwi squad for Bangladesh tour - Sep 13, 2010
- New Zealand announce squad for ODI series - Nov 18, 2010
- Sri Lanka, New Zealand aim to end group stage on a high (Preview) - Mar 17, 2011
- Scoreboard: New Zealand vs Australia, World Cup Group A - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: 12th man, black caps, bowlers, brendon mccullum, daniel vettori, guptill, hamish, international cricketers, jacob oram, james franklin, kyle mills, napier new zealand, odis, one day cricket, ross taylor, rotation policy, scott styris, team spokesman, waqar younis, winning side