Birthday boy Tendulkar releases book on his 100th tonApril 24th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 24 (IANS) Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar, on his 39th birthday Tuesday, released a book commemorating his 100th international century titled ‘Sachin - A Tribute To The Legend’ at a glittering ceremony at the Mumbai Indians team hotel here Tuesday.
The book, published by The Hindu group, was conceptualized after Tendulkar scored his 100th international century in the Asia Cup against Bangladesh in Mirpur on March 16.
Tendulkar, flanked by Mumbai Indians coach Robin Singh and captain Harbhajan Singh, expressed his gratitude after releasing the book.
“It gives me immense pleasure to launch this book. All the efforts taken by The Hindu mean a lot to me. Over the years I have made lot of friends and they are dear ones. Our friendship has grown in a similar manner as The Hindu has grown. I cherish each and every moment I have shared with them,” Tendulkar said.
“Reading various articles and opinions (in The Hindu) has played an important role in my career. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for putting this book together in a matter of few weeks. It’s a mammoth effort and thank you very much,” he added.
The book is a fine collection of all the published reports of all the matches in which Tendulkar scored his 100 international centuries. Besides, it has some rare pictures of the batting maestro and a range of interesting statistics.
“The narrative of the hundred hundreds concerns itself primarily with Tendulkar, the batsman. It isn’t independent of Tendulkar, the man, for art can’t be separated from the artist,” wrote Nirmal Shekar, the Sports Editor of The Hindu, in his foreword to the book.
- PM congratulates Tendulkar on 100th international ton - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendukar hits 100th international ton - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendulkar strikes record 100th international century (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Enjoy the game and chase your dreams, says Sachin - Mar 16, 2012
- India erupts with joy as Sachin hits 100th ton (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Tendulkar deserves Bharat Ratna: Mamata - Mar 16, 2012
- Will carry on as long as I enjoy my game: Tendulkar (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Will SCG's 100th Test inspire Sachin to score a ton? - Dec 30, 2011
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin - May 12, 2012
- Media is putting pressure on Tendulkar: Dhoni - Nov 09, 2011
- Tendulkar would be happy to see an Indian break his record (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2012
- Hype will make it tough for Tendulkar: West Indies coach - Nov 04, 2011
- Mumbai celebrates Tendulkar's 100th ton - Mar 16, 2012
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: april 24, asia cup, batsman, birthday boy, centuries, gratitude, harbhajan singh, hindu group, immense pleasure, indians, maestro, mammoth effort, mirpur, mumbai, narrative, robin singh, sachin tendulkar, sports editor, team hotel, tribute to the legend