Big B opens IPL with Prasoon Joshi’s poemApril 3rd, 2012 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 3 (IANS) In his mesmerising baritone, megastar Amitabh Bachchan set the stage alive at the opening ceremony of the fifth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a heartwarming poem written by lyricist Prasoon Joshi.
This is the actor’s first stage appearance after undergoing abdominal surgery. He looked hale and hearty as he came on stage dressed in velvet coat and trousers, to recite “Janam Yadhi Phir Se Mile”.
The 69-year-old was accompanied by dancers from the Shiamak Davar troupe, who described the essence of the poem through their performance.
His performance was followed by Colonial Cousins, DJ Ravi Drums and Soth African percussionist group 1st Project who mesmerised with peppy numbers.
- IPL rides high on glamour quotient at fifth season's opener (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Bollywood, Katy Perry open IPL-V (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2012
- Entertainment, entertainment, entertainment - at IPL 5 opener! - Mar 31, 2012
- Shiamak, US troupe join for special kids - Aug 27, 2011
- SRK chucks performance, instead teaches dance to audience - Jun 26, 2011
- Priyanka makes Bhajji dance at IPL opener - Apr 03, 2012
- Kunal Khemu falls sick (Movie Snippets) - Mar 25, 2012
- Rohit Gandhi,Rahul Khanna create 'Theatre of Illusion' at WIFW - Oct 13, 2011
- Shiamak Davar to judge Zee TV's 'Dance Ke Superstar' - Mar 28, 2011
- CWG closing ceremony reveals India at its dynamic best - Oct 14, 2010
- Bollywood touch lends glitz to CWG closure (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- CWG To Have A Musical Ending - Oct 14, 2010
- From streets to stage: Living, breathing and dancing Tagore - May 01, 2012
- Shiamak Davar wants to popularise pop with 'Shabop' (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
Tags: abdominal surgery, amitabh bachchan, baritone, colonial cousins, dancers, dj, drums, fifth season, heartwarming poem, ipl, lyricist, opening ceremony, percussionist, prasoon joshi, premier league, ravi, stage appearance, trousers, velvet coat