Bhutia to quit BaganMay 19th, 2009 - 1:37 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 18 (IANS) Peeved at a show cause notice slapped on him by Mohun Bagan, soccer star Bhaichung Bhutia has decided to quit the club and is said to be negotiating with East Bengal.
Days after the show cause notice for allegedly missing some practice sessions and an exhibition game, Bhutia said he was no more interested in playing for Mohun Bagan.
Terming the show cause notice as a publicity gimmick, Bhutia said he was hurt by the treatment the club had meted out to him.
“It really hurts me. From day one I have taken permission from the club for taking part in the television reality show,” he said.
“Under such circumstances, it’s difficult continue in this club. So I have decided to part ways amicably,” Bhutia added.
- Bhaichung to appeal against Mohun Bagan's suspension notice - Jun 09, 2009
- Bhaichung to challenge Mohun Bagan's suspension order (Lead) - Jun 09, 2009
- Bhutia moves AIFF on Bagan dispute - Jul 10, 2009
- Mohun Bagan-Bhaichung row ridiculous, says Houghton - Jun 18, 2009
- Bhutia and Mohun Bagan given time to settle their row - Sep 13, 2009
- Four new faces in India squad for Bayern Munich game - Dec 28, 2011
- Revamped I-League has to be pan-Indian, says Bhutia - Feb 25, 2012
- High on Bagan win, Pune FC hopes to beat East Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- Bhaichung signs one-year contract with East Bengal - Jun 23, 2009
- Top footballer Bhaichung Bhutia ends his international career (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Schenker, Pele in Superstars XI against Bhaichung's side - Jan 07, 2012
- Interim relief for Bhutia, can play for any club - Sep 26, 2009
- Bhaichung Bhutia: A fairytale journey (Profile) - Aug 24, 2011
- Legendary Jarnail Singh conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna posthumously - Jul 30, 2012
- Ruud Gullit enthralls Mohun Bagan crowd - Jul 30, 2012