Bhupathi-Paes through to Australian Open finalJanuary 27th, 2011 - 1:14 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 27(ANI): The India Express, Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes, have entered the final of the Australian Open with a three set win over Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor.
The third-seeded pair got the better of the second-seeded pair 7-6, 4-6, 6-3 in two hours and 20 minutes in their semi-final clash at Melbourne Park, the Age reports.
Bhupathi and Paes will now play for the title against American top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan, who defeated American Eric Butorac and Jean-Julien Rojer of the Netherlands Antilles, 6-3, 6-2.
The Indian pair is bidding to win the only Grand Slam title missing from their cabinet. (ANI)
- Australian Open: Paes-Bhupathi in men's doubles final - Jan 27, 2011
- Paes-Bhupathi and Bopanna-Qureshi in quarterfinals - Aug 19, 2011
- Australian Open: Paes-Bhupathi in final, face Bryan brothers (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Paes-Stepanek storm into final of Australian Open - Jan 26, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna knocked out of Australian Open (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Australian Open: Paes-Stepanek, Sania-Bhupathi in semis (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek in finals, Mahesh-Bhupathi out - Mar 30, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi out of Shanghai Masters - Oct 15, 2011
- Sania-Vesnina knocked out, Paes-Stepanek through to semi-finals - Jan 25, 2012
- Australian Open: Sania-Vesnina lose, Paes-Stepanek reach semis (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek face Bryan brothers in final - Sep 07, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna crash out of Aegon Championships - Jun 16, 2012
- Bhupathi-Paes through to Australian Open semi-finals - Jan 26, 2011
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Vardhan, Bhupathi-Bopanna in second round (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- French Open: Paes-Dlouhy seeded third, Bhupathi-Mirnyi fifth - May 24, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,