Bhupathi-Mirnyi in Cincinnati finalsAugust 22nd, 2010 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
Cincinnati, Aug 22 (IANS) Fourth seeds India’s Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi of Belarus defeated fifth seeds Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach 6-3, 6-4 to enter the doubles final of the $2,430,000 Western and Southern Financial Group Masters tennis.
The Indian-Belarusian pair Saturday saved four of the five break points and broke thrice in their 73 minutes victory.
In the final, they now face second seeds American Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan, who saved two set points in the first set en route to a 7-6(8), 7-5 win over South Africa’s Wesley Moodie and Dick Norman of Belgium.
Bhupathi and Mirnyi, ninth in ATP doubles rankings, are looking to win their first team title since Rome in 2004.
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi in Cincinnati Masters semi-final - Aug 21, 2010
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi qualify for Tour final; Bopanna-Qureshi miss out - Nov 12, 2010
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi in semifinals of ATP World Tour Finals - Nov 27, 2010
- Bhupathi-Knowles in semifinals of Cincinnati Masters - Aug 22, 2009
- Paes-Dlouhy crash out of Rome Masters - May 01, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna reach semis at Miami - Mar 28, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek beat Marrero-Verdasco, meet Bryan brothers in semis - Mar 29, 2012
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi advance, Bopanna-Qureshi lose in Valencia - Nov 06, 2010
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi lose Cincinnati final to Bryans - Aug 23, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna knock out top seeds to make semis - May 19, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi in semis; Bopanna-Qureshi ousted in Miami - Mar 31, 2011
- Bhupathi and Knowles overcome Lopez and Verdasco - Aug 20, 2009
- Paes, Bhupathi claim Miami Masters, rise to No.1 spot - Apr 03, 2011
- Paes-Stepanek in finals, Mahesh-Bhupathi out - Mar 30, 2012
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi go down fighting to Murrays in Valencia - Nov 08, 2010
Tags: atp doubles, belarusian, belgium, bob bryan, break points, cincinnati, dick norman, financial group, India, kubot, mahesh bhupathi, masters tennis, max mirnyi, oliver marach, rome, seeds, south africa, victory, wesley moodie