Bhupathi-Knowles lose semifinals of ATP World TourNovember 29th, 2009 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 29 (IANS) In what was their last match together, India’s Mahesh Bhupathi and Mark Knowles of Bahamas went down 4-6, 4-6 to two-time winners Bob and Mike Bryan of the US in the semi-finals of the ATP World Tour Finals.
In the next season, Bhupathi will team up with his one-time partner Max Mirnyi of Belarus while Knowles will be seen with American Mardy Fish.
Bhupathi and Knowles, during their second season together, reached two Grand Slam finals, finishing runners-up at the Australian Open and US Open.
For Bryans, the win Saturday over the third-seeded Indo-Bahamian pair have left them just one win away from being crowned the ATP World Tour doubles champions. The title will also give them the year-end No.1 doubles team ranking for the fifth time.
Mirnyi and Andy Ram of Israel will meet the American twins in the finals and enjoy a slight psychological advantage over the Bryans, having beaten them in the round-robin match.
Bhupathi and Knowles were quick to get off the blocks breaking the Americans in the first game of the match. But Bryans broke back in the fourth game and then in the tenth to take the first set.
The second set was a close affair before the Indo-Bahamian pair was broken in the tenth game for the match to close in 64 minutes.
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi in semifinals of ATP World Tour Finals - Nov 27, 2010
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi lose Cincinnati final to Bryans - Aug 23, 2010
- Bhupathi and Paes crash out of ATP World Tour finals - Nov 27, 2011
- Bhupathi wins his fifth, Knowles his second Canadian doubles title - Aug 17, 2009
- Paes, Bhupathi claim Miami Masters, rise to No.1 spot - Apr 03, 2011
- Paes-Bhupathi beat Bryan twins, enter semis at Tour finals - Nov 26, 2011
- Australian Open: Paes-Bhupathi in final, face Bryan brothers (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Bhupathi-Bopanna finish runners-up in Cincinnati - Aug 20, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi out of Shanghai Masters - Oct 15, 2011
- Sweet victory: Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupathi clinch Cincinnati title (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
- Bhupathi to partner Max Mirnyi next season - Nov 29, 2009
- Bhupathi and Knowles overcome Lopez and Verdasco - Aug 20, 2009
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi qualify for Tour final; Bopanna-Qureshi miss out - Nov 12, 2010
- Bopanna-Qureshi lose tense opener in World Tour Finals - Nov 21, 2011
- Bhupathi-Knowles crash out of Cincinnati Masters semis - Aug 23, 2009
Tags: andy ram, atp world tour, australian open, bob and mike, bob and mike bryan, doubles team, fifth time, first game, grand slam finals, last match, mahesh bhupathi, mardy fish, mark knowles, max mirnyi, psychological advantage, semi finals, tenth game, time partner, time winners, tour london