Bertrand signs long-term contract with ChelseaSeptember 5th, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Defender Ryan Bertrand has signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea, the London side said on its website Wednesday.
The left back joined the Chelsea academy in 2005 and gained competitive experience over several seasons on loan in the Championship and lower divisions before breaking into the first team in 2011.
The 23-year-old has scored one goal in 19 appearances for the Blues, including the Champions League final where he stood in for the suspended Ashley Cole.
Bertrand has represented England at all youth levels and made his full international debut in last month in a friendly against Italy with England winning 2-1.
England manager Roy Hodgson has called up Bertrand for World Cup qualifiers against Moldova Friday and Ukraine Tuesday.
- Rooney 'delighted' to score winner against Ukraine - Jun 20, 2012
- Italy beat England on penalties in Euro Cup - Jun 25, 2012
- Ukraine's Khacheridi doubtful for England qualifier - Sep 09, 2012
- Ukraine 'horror stories' deterred fans, says Hodgson - Jun 20, 2012
- Uruguay take second Place in FIFA rankings - Jun 06, 2012
- Euro 2012: Rooney to play against Ukraine, says coach - Jun 16, 2012
- Olympics: Ukraine glide to gold in quadruple sculls - Aug 01, 2012
- Euro 2012: England win over Ukraine - Jun 20, 2012
- Ukraine coach hits out at refereeing after Euro exit - Jun 20, 2012
- Wanted to win for our fans, says Ibrahimovic - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: ashley cole, bertrand, bs, champions league, chelsea london, dg, england manager, international debut, italy, moldova, ria novosti, roy hodgson, several seasons, signs, term contract, ukraine, world cup qualifiers