Ben Roethlisberger Appoints Famous Atlanta Lawyer To Confront Sexual Harassment AllegationMarch 9th, 2010 - 8:56 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Mar 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ben Roethlisberger, the quarterback of Pittsburgh Steelers was accused by a young student, who alleged that the player had abused her sexually. However, a lawyer appointed by the player has refuted the allegations of the girl and said that his client is innocent. The incident, which has put the player under scanner, reportedly took place in a Georgia nightclub. The cops have not revealed the name of the student though. According to her version, the player was accompanied by some of his buddies and he assaulted her on Friday. The player has not been slapped with any criminal charges, sources have revealed.
Ed Garland, the lawyer appointed by the player pointed out that no sexual assault had taken place, as claimed by the girl. Milledgeville police is going to interrogate the player in next few days. A DNA sample test may be conducted on him. Whether he assaulted the girl or not remains to be proved. However, the fact that the player has got embroiled in a sexual assault controversy 2nd time in a year, is what has made the team and fans worried. It can tarnish his image, as his close aides are suspecting.
The way the player conducts himself in public has become headlines quite a number of times. He created news earlier when he met with an accident while driving sans helmet. The investigating committee will interview seven witnesses to probe the matter. The Super Bowl winner is in trouble, though he has appointed a famous lawyer to get out of the mess. The team has invested over $100 million in the player already.
- Ben Roethlisberger asked for his DNA sample in the sex assault case Roethlisberger - Mar 09, 2010
- Ben Roethlisberger To Meet NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell To Reduce His Suspension - Aug 30, 2010
- Ben Roethlisberger & Ashley Harlan's wedding is on 23rd of July - Apr 08, 2011
- Ben Roethlisberger Once Again Faces Sexual Assault Allegations - Mar 06, 2010
- Ben Roethlisberger Undergoes Surgery To Fix Broken Nose - Dec 07, 2010
- Eminem references Ben Roethlisberger in his new rap song - Apr 30, 2010
- Oakland Raiders Player Richard Seymour Punches Ben Roethlisberger During Sunday's Game - Nov 22, 2010
- Pittsburgh Steelers Beat New York Jets By 24-19 - Jan 24, 2011
- Rumors Of Roethlisberger Sexual Assault On Andrea McNulty Doing Rounds - Jul 21, 2009
- Ben Roethlisberger Reportedly Engaged To Ashley Harlan - Jan 05, 2011
- Rashard Mendenhall Lead Pittsburgh Steelers To Super Bowl Final - Jan 24, 2011
- Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl 31-25 over Pittsburgh Steelers - Feb 07, 2011
- Ben Roethlisberger Speaks At Press Conference - Jul 24, 2009
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers To Face-Off In Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Natalie Gulbis And Dustin Johnson Dating - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: 100 million, aides, allegation, allegations, atlanta lawyer, ben roethlisberger, buddies, controversy, cops, criminal charges, dna, helmet, investigating committee, milledgeville police, pittsburgh steelers, ranjan, sample test, sexual assault, sexual harassment, super bowl