Bellamy and Mancini clash during Man City training sessionDecember 23rd, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec. 23 (ANI): Striker Craig Bellamy and coach Roberto Mancini clashed during the latter’s first training session as Manchester City boss.
Mancini reportedly caused an uproar among City stars by insisting on double training sessions and ordering players to stay in a hotel the night before home games.On Tuesday, he demanded two-and-a-half-hours of hard graft from the entire squad when he took charge of his first workout.
But the Italian was unaware that, because of a recurring knee problem, Bellamy was only expected to do light training.
And after 90 minutes Bellamy “flipped” saying his knee simply could not take it and told Mancini he had to stop.
Bellamy was allowed to walk out of the session along with skipper Kolo Toure, who complained of a back problem.
The pair led a six-player delegation to confront chief executive Garry Cook after Mark Hughes was sacked on Saturday.
The Welsh striker was angry Mancini was not aware of his problems.
Former boss Hughes had put together a special training plan to make sure he could play as many games as possible.
Sun Sport revealed yesterday Bellamy and keeper Shay Given are already considering their City futures.
Bellamy is particularly close to Hughes having played for him with Wales and Blackburn. (ANI)
- Bellamy, Given ready to quit Man City over Sparky sacking - Dec 22, 2009
- Man City owner asks players to give Mancini more time - Feb 20, 2010
- Sacked Man City coach Hughes bought Bell - Dec 21, 2009
- Bellamy accuses Man City coach of 'cold-shouldering' players since February - Aug 11, 2010
- Man City to take 50 million pound dip in selling players - Nov 19, 2010
- Adebayor's relationship with Mancini hit rock bottom after amazing bust-up - Sep 19, 2010
- Mancini all set to replace Carlos Tevez as Man City captain - Dec 20, 2010
- Redknapp keen to sign Manchester City's Bellamy - Dec 24, 2009
- Man City owner convinces Tevez to stay - Dec 21, 2010
- 'Exhausted' Tevez needs a break to get back to his best: Mancini - Mar 17, 2011
- Mancini asks 'unhappy' Tevez to quit Man City - Apr 30, 2010
- Hughes accuses Mancini of secretly stealing his job at Man City - Nov 20, 2010
- Man City heading for Champions League - Apr 26, 2011
- Quit City due to lack of fans love for me: Adebayor - Apr 04, 2011
- Coach Mancini fines four Man City stars for fighting during training - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: city boss, city stars, clash, craig bellamy, delegation, graft, home games, knee problem, man city, manchester city, mark hughes, shay, skipper, striker, sun sport, toure, training session, two and a half hours, uproar, workout