Beijing Olympics budget boosted to two billion dollarsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:35 am ICT by admin
With security at the very top of the agenda, a high-level command system involving several authorities, including the Ministry of Public Security and the armed forces, has been established, Liu said.
He said the BOCOG is also in regular contact with international organizations, former Olympic host countries and foreign embassies to China to help ensure a safe Games.
“As the organizer of the 2008 Games, we advocate the Olympic spirit and carry forward the guidelines of peace, friendship and development. We want the Games to be the world’s gathering of peace and friendship,” he was quoted, as saying.
The BOCOG is also honoring its commitment to the International Olympic Committee by being more accessible to foreign journalists, Liu said. (ANI)
- China to send 396-strong team to London Olympics - Jul 10, 2012
- Star hurdler Liu Xiang wins Kawasaki meet - May 06, 2012
- Liu Xiang leads China's medal charge in London - Jul 09, 2012
- China's advice for Delhi Commonwealth organizers on tackling corruption - Jul 30, 2010
- Chinese juggernaut rolls on at Olympics (World Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Liu Xiang arrives in London, eying second Olympic gold medal - Jul 12, 2012
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- Olympic table tennis: China secures another gold - Aug 02, 2012
- 29 Olympic champions to spearhead China at London Games - Jul 10, 2012
- China welcomes India, Myanmar talks - May 28, 2012
- Beijing Olympics generated China a profit of 146 million dollars - Jun 20, 2009
- Which is better shakehand or penhold? Star players battle it out - Jun 25, 2011
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- Be true to human nature: Olympic Flame ceremonies High Priestess - Jul 18, 2012
- Jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo wins 2010 Nobel Peace Prize - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: athens olympics, beijing, billion dollars, bocog, carry forward, china daily, contact, executive vice president, foreign embassies, games, international olympic committee, liu, olympiad, olympic host countries, olympic spirit, organizing committee, peace friendship, public security