Beijing is past, I have to start afresh in London: BindraJuly 26th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 26 (IANS) Golden boy of Indian shooting Abhinav Bindra is not ready to bask in the glory of Beijing Olympics, where he won a gold medal, and wants to start afresh at the London Games.
“Looking in the past has no bearing, I don’t want to soak myself with the thoughts of Beijing. I won a gold four years ago in two hours of shooting. That is over and done with,” said Bindra.
“What happened in the past is past. I had medal in Beijing but at the moment I have nothing from London, so I have nothing to lose. So, why should I be under pressure,” Abhinav said in an interaction at the Games village.
Asked about his Olympics journey so far, Bindra smiles and says: “Look, this is my fourth Olympics. I am greying, look at my hair. It was very exciting in Sydney (2000), in Athens in 2004 I shattered the Olympic record and came very close to winning and in 2008 at Beijing I think I did a fairly decent job.”
He agreed with a view that in his sport, shooter competes with himself/herself.
“Yes, that is my view too. When you are shooting you are too focused and concentrating on your job. At the end of the day, you have to see that your best is better than others’,” said Bindra.
To a question whether he was satisfied with his achievements, the soft spoken shooter said: “Well, one is always striving to do better. I was World Champion and Olympic Champion, but still I always try to better my own performances.”
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Indian coach asks shooters to make the best of pressure - Jul 23, 2012
- It has been a roller-coaster ride, says Gagan Narang - Aug 08, 2012
- Narang aims for a medal at London olympics - Nov 03, 2011
- Olympics: India on a medal count - Jul 27, 2012
- Needed a little luck: Bindra (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- I am sure Gagan will do well: Bindra (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- We don't have a sporting culture: Abhinav Bindra - Oct 24, 2011
- I achieved what I came here to do: Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Narang emerges out of Bindra's shadow (Profile) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan Narang opens medal count with bronze (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Bindra fails to qualify, Narang makes final - Jul 30, 2012
- Gagan Narang: A world champ in the making - Oct 09, 2010
- Khel Ratna has brought added pressure: Narang - Jul 26, 2011
- Olympics: India pins hopes on shooters Abhinav, Gagan - Jul 29, 2012