Becks great-great grandfather worked as a scavenger in London in 1911January 13th, 2009 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 13 (ANI): Ace footballer David Beckhams great-great grandfather, John, worked as a scavenger for the local council in Walworth, south-east London, while the latters son Edward drove carts in 1911.
The information has come to the fore after the publication of that years census on the Internet.
The online database reveals that three generations of the footballer’’s paternal ancestors lived in Walworth, south-east London.
It shows that John Beckham lived with his son Edward and daughter-in-lawDavids great-grandparentsand his grandchildren in a single household.
According to reports, on the first Sunday in April 1911, the head of every household in the country sat down to fill in their census form.
The results of the survey have been made available to the public in the form of a huge online database so that people may discover about their family backgrounds, find out where their ancestors lived, and what they did for a living.
The project was carried out by the National Archives in co-operation with the ancestry website findmypast.com.
“The 1911 census offers a crucial new entry point to family history research for people who have ”hit a wall” in their family tree research,” the Independent quoted Elaine Collins, commercial director of findmypast.com, as saying.
Oliver Morley, the director of business development at the National Archives, added: “The 1911 census is a poignant reflection of how different life was in early 20th-century Britain, before the Great War.” (ANI)
- Jude Law 'descended from bakers' family' - Oct 21, 2009
- Becks tragic family secret revealed - Jan 18, 2009
- What's your town in US? Monkeys Eyebrow, Boring, Climax? - Aug 08, 2012
- Brit kids named after Hitler, Beatles members - Jul 18, 2010
- Cameron, Beckham among royal wedding guests - Apr 29, 2011
- Colonial India's treasures live in a Delhi home - Dec 14, 2011
- LA Galaxy thrash Philippine Azkal 6-1 - Dec 04, 2011
- At 100, Sikh marathoner yearns to read biography (With Image) - Jul 08, 2011
- Britain's Olympic coach Pearce to assess Beckham in US - Apr 25, 2012
- David Beckham wants sons to carry on his legacy - Apr 28, 2010
- Obama's Irish ancestry revealed in online database - Mar 15, 2011
- David Beckham wants one more kid! - Jul 30, 2011
- Beckham denies affair with prostitute, sues US magazine - Dec 31, 2010
- India's population rises to 1.20 billion, growth rate declines (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Karl Marx died poor; Darwin, Dickens richer - Aug 12, 2010
Tags: ancestry, beckham, commercial director, david beckhams, different life, elaine collins, family backgrounds, family history research, grandchildren, grandfather john, great grandfather, great war, latters, local council, morley, national archives, paternal ancestors, south east london, three generations, walworth