Becks can use L.A. Galaxy get out clause to join MilanFebruary 5th, 2009 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.5 (ANI): England football star David Beckham can use a get-out clause in his LA Galaxy contract that allows him to leave the MLS for nothing in November.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani yesterday claimed negotiations between the American club and the players legal team have already started over his transfer to Serie A.
And he said talks could continue for another four weeks when Beckhams two-month loan stint is scheduled to finish.
The Italian club knows of a clause in Beckhams five-year contract that allows both parties to terminate the deal after three years with no cost to either side. This get-out clause can be activated on November 30, reports The Mirror.
LA Galaxy faces a choice of selling Beckham now or losing him for nothing later.
The MLS side wants 10 million pounds for a player signed amid fanfare in 2007 but A C Milan says that it is willing to pay less than five million pounds, and then offer Beckham a two-and-a-half year contract worth 20 million pounds.
In contrast to LA Galaxys poor form, Beckham has been a hit on and off the field in Italy. Milan are undefeated in his five games as they have moved up to second place in Serie A while he has scored twice.
And he gave another hint he will be staying beyond March 9 yesterday by saying: I am trying to learn Italian and this will take time. I think its important to learn the language and integrate well. (ANI)
- Milan want Kaka back on loan - Aug 27, 2012
- Beckham free to join Tottenham - Jan 06, 2011
- Milan ready to offer 14 m pounds for Becks - Feb 03, 2009
- Milan sure Ibra could play against Juve - Feb 06, 2012
- David Beckham wins the MLS Comeback Player of the Year Award - Nov 15, 2011
- Beckham set to stay with LA Galaxy - Jan 03, 2012
- Beckham seals deal to return to AC Milan in December - Nov 03, 2009
- A C Milan may offer Becks stunning 18-month deal - Feb 15, 2009
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- AC Milan confirm talks for sale of Brazil star Silva - Jun 13, 2012
- Brazil's Dede on AC Milan radar - Jun 05, 2012
- Kaka on Galaxy radar to replace Beckham - Aug 18, 2012
- Beckham branded a 'selfish pig' by Los Angeles Galaxy fan - Jan 03, 2011
- Battle for Beckham intensifies - Feb 07, 2009
- Milan's offer for Tevez rejected: Galliani - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: 10 million, contract worth, david beckham, england football, fanfare, five games, football star, half year, italian club, italy milan, l a galaxy, la galaxy, la galaxys, london feb, mirror, mls, negotiations, star david, stint, vice president