‘Beckham’s top-flight football career is over’

August 1st, 2010 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI  

AC Milan London, Aug 1 (ANI): New AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has said that England midfielder David Beckham’s top-flight football career is over.

Beckham is battling to overcome the ruptured Achilles tendon he suffered while playing for Milan in March.

Allegri fears Beckham, 35, will never play for Milan or any big club ever again, News of the World reports.

“I don’t think it’s possible that he will come back. He is recovering from a bad injury and at that age it is difficult to come back. But it was a pleasure to see him here,” Allegri said.

In April, Beckham admitted his recovery was two months behind schedule and he would not be able to play again until November at the earliest.

That would rule him out of the entire Major League Soccer season unless his club, the Los Angeles Galaxy, reach the play-offs.

He had been linked with a return to the Premier League, with West Ham publicly expressing interest in bringing him back to England. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe