Beckham’’s short term move to AC Milan questioned by player he replacesDecember 18th, 2008 - 7:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 18 (ANI): English midfielder David Beckham’’s short-term loan move to Italian club AC Milan has been questioned by the player he replaces.
Italy midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, sidelined after knee ligament surgery, said: “It seems a strange thing to me.” “Maybe it would more beautiful and right if he stayed the whole year, if he signed a contract. A month and a half or two months is strange,” The Sun quoted Gattuso, as saying.
Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said Beckham, 33, who usually plays on the right, can help fill in for Gattuso in a central midfield role. But Gattuso dismissed the scheme.
He said: “Beckham cannot be my substitute. I know Milan are looking but I don”t know if anyone will arrive - it’’s up to the club.”
Chief executive Adriano Galliani hinted this week that Milan might seek to buy a replacement for Gattuso in the transfer window having previously ruled out any spending in January. (ANI)
- No way I insulted AC Milan skipper Gattuso, says Tottenham's Jordan - Feb 18, 2011
- Brooding Gattuso may consider a farewell to AC Milan - Nov 24, 2009
- Milan's offer for Tevez rejected: Galliani - Dec 19, 2011
- Tevez is money-seeker, says Seedorf - Dec 12, 2011
- Milan want Kaka back on loan - Aug 27, 2012
- Manchester City reject Milan's Tevez bid - Dec 11, 2011
- Troubled Ancelotti gets ultimatum from AC Milan - Mar 04, 2009
- Adriano, Affelay and Iniesta to miss Milan game - Nov 22, 2011
- Aquilani, Gattuso to miss Milan derby - Jan 14, 2012
- Kaka on Galaxy radar to replace Beckham - Aug 18, 2012
- Gattuso fears getting '37,000 slaps' at White Hart Lane - Feb 24, 2011
- Berlusconi retracts criticism of coach Ancelotti - May 13, 2009
- Brazil's Dede on AC Milan radar - Jun 05, 2012
- Beckham rules out Premier League return - Dec 21, 2010
- Cassano hits out at AC Milan - Aug 26, 2012
Tags: ac milan, carlo ancelotti, central midfield, chief executive, coach, david beckham, gattuso, italian club, italy, knee ligament surgery, london, midfielder david beckham, month and a half, short term loan, strange thing, sun