Beckham to play L A Galaxy exhibition match in Australia in NovemberOctober 20th, 2010 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Oct. 20 (ANI): England football star David Beckham will play for L A Galaxy team in an exhibition game against the Newcastle Jets at the Energy Australia Stadium, Newcastle, on November 27.
New South Wales Premier Kristina Keneally made an announcement to this effect this morning, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
“We want to show the world we are ready to host the World Cup in 2022 and securing major events such as this exclusive match for NSW puts us in a strong position during the bid process,” Keneally said.
The former England captain played for Galaxy in an exhibition match against Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium three years ago, attracting an almost sell-out crowd of 80,000.
LA Galaxy players will arrive in Newcastle on Thursday, November 25, and spend four days in the region. They are expected to visit the vineyards and Port Stephens during their stay. (ANI)
- Sydney's ANZ Stadium to host International Twenty20 matches from 2011-12 season - Mar 31, 2010
- Beckham confirmed for Jets match in Australia - Nov 22, 2010
- ANZ Stadium, MCG in running for 2015 World Cup final venue - Jan 30, 2012
- Wet pitches hamper Indians' practice session - Jan 30, 2012
- Oz fans disappointed over millionaire Becks refusal to wave to them - Nov 26, 2010
- World's first International Cricket Hall of Fame honours Bradman - Nov 21, 2010
- Australia-India Business Council dinner cancelled after bomb threat at Sydney hotel - Aug 10, 2010
- Becks arrives Down Under sans Posh - Nov 25, 2010
- SCG may lose season's first ODI next summer - Feb 02, 2010
- Beckham to play in Brisbane football match in December - Oct 16, 2008
- Cricket NSW explores the option of moving games to other stadia - Nov 12, 2009
- Beckham factor will see Queenslands Suncorp Stadium full to capacity - Oct 16, 2008
- Olympic football: US avenge World Cup loss to Japan - Aug 10, 2012
- Sydney seeks to attract Indian students from 'racist attacks' seeped Melbourne - Feb 11, 2010
- Prince William to begin first major Australian visit - Dec 15, 2009
Tags: anz stadium, david beckham, energy australia, england captain, england football, exhibition game, football star, keneally, kristina, l a galaxy, la galaxy, morning herald, new south wales, new south wales premier, newcastle, port stephens, star david, sydney fc, sydney morning herald, world cup