Beckham leads LA Galaxy for Asia-Pacific tourNovember 29th, 2011 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, Nov 29 (IANS) David Beckham-led Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team arrived here Tuesday to kick off their Asia-Pacific tour.
Coach Bruce Arena’s side will play against the Indonesian national team Wednesday at the Bung Karno Stadium before facing the Philippines national squad in Manila Saturday.
The American team will also face off with Australia’s Melbourne Victory Dec 6, Xinhua reported.
Joining Beckham are his 26 mates, including Amerian Landon Donovan and Irish striker Robbie Keane.
“On behalf of the team, I would like to say that we are excited to be here and looking forward to the match. It is great experience for the club to play in a new environment,” Arena said.
- LA Galaxy thrash Philippine Azkal 6-1 - Dec 04, 2011
- Indonesia one step closer to Asean Cup final after defeating the Philippines - Dec 17, 2010
- Beckham free to join Tottenham - Jan 06, 2011
- Beckham's European loan move in jeopardy over TV deal - Dec 26, 2010
- Beckham's royal wedding trip may force him to miss LA Galaxy's next game - Apr 30, 2011
- Two Indonesians die in stampede at SE Asian Games soccer - Nov 22, 2011
- US star Donovan kisses and makes up after bad mouthing Beckham - Jan 08, 2010
- Euro 2012: Ireland to again play on the big stage - Jun 03, 2012
- Beckham persuaded Henry to join US soccer league - Jul 22, 2010
- Landon Donovan Misses Penalty: Galaxy Loses Match - Nov 23, 2009
- Beckham remains highest paid player in MLS - Jun 15, 2010
- U.S. soccer star Landon Donovan files for divorce from actress wife - Dec 23, 2010
- Beckham may have nowhere to play after Milan loan ends - Jan 07, 2010
- Man City still trying to sign US striker Donovan - Jul 22, 2010
- Cannavaro leads stars to play exhibition in Jakarta - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: asia pacific, australia, coach bruce arena, david beckham, face off, jakarta, landon donovan, los angeles galaxy, los angeles galaxy soccer, los angeles galaxy soccer team, match, mates, melbourne victory, philippines, robbie keane, striker, tour coach, xinhua