BCCI’s agenda against Dalmiya behind Eden fiasco: KapilFebruary 14th, 2011 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 13 (IANS) Former Indian skipper Kapil Dev Sunday blamed the “personal agenda” of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) against Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president Jagmohan Dalmiya as the reason behind Eden Gardens losing the India-England World Cup match.”I had first played in this ground when I was in class 9. It was amazing. If Eden doesn’t have a match then it’s a shame for the cricket board and not of Bengal. It was responsibility of the board to take up the match and make sure that they finish the stadium on time,” said Kapil, India’s only World Cup winning captain.
“I am not supporting Jagmohan Dalmiya. I am not supporting the cricket control board, I am just saying that when the venue is so important then everybody has to work together,” said Kapil at an event here.
The ICC last month ruled the Eden Gardens unsuitable for the tie due to its unpreparedness. The scrapping of the match followed an adverse report from the ICC venue inspection team.
“If the cricket board has something against Jagmohan Dalmiya then why should Bengal suffer for that? What I don’t like about cricket control board and I am not afraid to say is that don’t have personal agenda bigger than the country or the game,” said Kapil as the auditorium bust into applause.
“Today somebody is in power, tomorrow you may not be in power. They have to understand that don’t have personal agenda bigger than the cricket. Maybe Calcutta (CAB) is also wrong. I don’t feel sorry for any individual but for the people of this part of the country,” he added.
- Lorgat regrets Eden losing out on India-England game - Feb 03, 2011
- BJP's Shahnawaz Hussain appeals to ICC to reconsider Eden - Feb 01, 2011
- ICC refuses to grant India-England match to Eden (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- ICC turns down BCCI's request; Eden's replacement by Jan 31 - Jan 29, 2011
- Eden Gardens WC fiasco: Pranab Mukherjee to meet Sharad Pawar - Jan 30, 2011
- BCCI asks ICC to reconsider decision on Eden - Jan 28, 2011
- Eden to host a T20 and an ODI - Feb 24, 2011
- Eden will be ready by Feb 5, says Bengal minister - Jan 30, 2011
- ICC to inspect Eden Feb 7 for three other matches - Jan 30, 2011
- Dalmiya meets Pranab on Eden fiasco - Jan 29, 2011
- Dalmiya seeks ten-day grace, urges board to persuade ICC - Jan 28, 2011
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- ICC team inspects Eden, faces black flags (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Bengal cricket body lashes out at ICC, BCCI - Jan 27, 2011
- Bengal intellectuals shocked at Eden fiasco - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,