BCCI to redraw umpires list for its elite panelMay 16th, 2008 - 10:54 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 16 (IANS) The Indian cricket board has decided to redraw the list of the 30 best umpires on its elite panel. The umpires committee of the board consisting of representatives of the five zones, S. Venkataraghavan, director of umpires, and Stanley Saldhana, manager-game development besides Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Niranjan Shah and honorary secretary M.P. Pandove met at the Cricket Centre in the Wankhede Stadium earlier this month.
The committee meeting decided to re-draw the list of elite panel, which will be done by Venkataraghavan on the basis of the performance of the umpires, according to a BCCI statement Friday.
Among others, the committee decided that an examination for the new umpires be conducted here in July. It was also decided that each state association may sponsor four candidates out of which two should be former first class players having played a minimum of 15 matches.
Further, the performance of elite panel umpires would be closely monitored during the next season so that the committee may take a decision to promote good umpires to the international panel, the meeting decided.
- Srinivasan takes charge as BCCI president; terminates Kochi's contract (Lead) - Sep 19, 2011
- Hot Spot blinks, no DRS for India-England series - Oct 07, 2011
- Sanjay Jagdale to be BCCI secretary, Ajay Shirkey treasurer - Sep 18, 2011
- Umpires Dharamsena, Kettleborough promoted to Elite Panel - May 25, 2011
- BCCI may appoint interim panel to run IPL (Lead) - Apr 26, 2010
- BCCI chief, secretary to frame plans to arrest India's slide - Aug 15, 2011
- BCCI bans Sudhindra for life, Srivastava for 5 years (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- IPL: Kochi wants to shift to Ahmedabad - Aug 16, 2011
- Mumbai, Chennai, Mohali to get BCCI regional academies - Dec 12, 2011
- Two Pakistan umpires likely to officiate in IPL IV - Jan 29, 2011
- Chirayu Amin takes over as interim IPL chairman - Apr 26, 2010
- Amin is IPL interim chairman; Manohar assures fair Modi trial (Lead) - Apr 26, 2010
- UDRS has to be foolproof: World Cup umpires - Mar 31, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Sourav-led technical body differs with working committee - Feb 17, 2012
- Sunil Gavaskar dropped from IPL Governing Council - Sep 29, 2010