BCCI-Sahara truce (Fact file)February 16th, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 16 (IANS) The salient features of the agreement between Sahara India and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) struck here Thursday:
* Sahara will continue to sponsor the Indian cricket team.
* Pune Warriors will feature in the 2012 Indian Premier League.
* IPL trading window to close on Feb 29 in place of Feb 17, giving opportunity to Pune Warriors to rope in players even from the other franchisees.
* Pune Warriors’ auction purse of $2 million has been re-activated, enabling it to buy big players.
* Pune Warriors will be allowed to play five foreign players in the playing eleven in the absence of star player Yuvraj Singh, who is recovering from lung tumour.
* BCCI has no issues if Pune Warriors gets itself a strategic partner to jointly run the franchise.
* BCCI to consider Sahara’s request of reducing the franchise fee for 74 matches.
* BCCI to also consider Sahara’s demand of paying the bank guarantee in two instalments.
* One of the IPL play-off matches to take place in new Pune Stadium, subject to consent of Royal Challengers Bangalore, the finalists last year.
- BCCI gives in, Sahara India back as Team India sponsor (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sahara back as cricket Team India sponsor - Feb 16, 2012
- BCCI ropes in ex-president Manohar to solve Sahara crisis - Feb 14, 2012
- Ready to walk extra mile, but rules can't be bent: BCCI - Feb 13, 2012
- Cannot make exceptions for Sahara in IPL: BCCI president (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Sahara has to cite relevant agreement clause to pull out: IPL - Feb 04, 2012
- IPL asks Pune Warriors to get others' nod on foreign players - Feb 22, 2012
- Positive outcome on Sahara by this week: IPL chief - Feb 15, 2012
- Sahara walks out of BCCI sponsorship and IPL (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- BCCI didn't bend rules for Sahara: IPL chief - Feb 16, 2012
- Double blow for BCCI, Sahara walks out of sponsorship deal, Pune Warriors (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2012
- Sahara hits back after BCCI rejcts its demands (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Surprised over Tiwary's omission: Ganguly - Feb 15, 2012
- Sahara has not told BCCI about pullout officially: Shukla - Feb 04, 2012
- Open for talks on IPL but no sponsorship deal: Subroto Roy - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: bank guarantee, challengers, fact file, feb 29, franchise fee, franchisees, india bcci, indian cricket team, instalments, ipl, lung tumour, play five, premier league, pune, sahara india, salient features, star player, strategic partner, truce, yuvraj singh